Pamper your skin with the best bath and body products for you
Having healthy skin has a lot to do with eating healthy foods, drinking plenty of water and exercising regularly. It's also important to treat your skin well with whatever it's exposed to. To do this, you need quality cleaning products, lotions, powders and other items to keep your skin healthy and looking good. For the best bath and body products, including natural and multicultural selections, Walmart has you covered. With our Every Day Low Prices on everything in the store and online, save money while you pamper yourself.
body wash and cleansers
When showering, you can use either bar soap or body wash to get your skin nice and clean. If you are a fan of baths, moisturizing bubble baths and purifying bath salts are additional options.
- Body wash Available in liquid form, body washes are like shampoo for your body. In fact, some men's body washes are designed to be used on both hair and body, which can be a time saver in the morning. Most body washes offer some form or moisturizing capability and some feature skin-favoring additions like shea butter, coconut milk, cocoa butter and aloe. Although you can apply body wash by hand, washcloths, loofahs and body sponges are the preferred methods of application to thoroughly wash away impurities and dead skin.
- Bar soap Although body washes have increased in usage, many people prefer the convenience and cost of bar soaps. Although there is a convenience factor in using body washes, there is considerable more waste than when using bar soap. Like body washes, bar soaps have many additives designed to make skin feel soft and smooth. Bars of soap are available individually, or you can save money by buying them in packs of two or more.
- bubble bath Although kids might be the first thought when you think about taking a bubble bath, plenty of adults like to take them, too. Called foaming baths when made for adults, bubble baths come in liquid or powder form and have features like flowery scents or added essential oils to keep your skin healthy. A related type of bath additive is milk bath, which has a creamier feel than regular foaming bath soap and has the ability to make skin extremely soft.
- Bath salt Epsom salt is one of the most widely known bath salts, which are thought to have a rejuvenating effect on the skin and body, such as helping to relieve aches and pains and even reduce swelling.
Lotions are the go-to product for most who want to have soft skins. Lotions also help relieve dry skin with their moisturizing effects, and some provide this relief at an almost clinical nature. There are skin lotions available that help to firm up sagging skin and help to hydrate extremely dry, flaky skin. Many of these lotions are infused with botanicals and oils that help to rehydrate skin. Lotion is best applied immediately after toweling off when you have just completed taking a bath or shower. The pores of your skin will be open due to being exposed to the warm water of your bath or shower, making them receptive to receiving the effects supplied by lotion. Lotions are available scented and unscented, depending on your preference, and can also be in cream, gel or spray form. There are lotions that target specific areas of your body, such as hands, feet and face.
For people who have issues with perspiration or rashes, body powder is an answer. Babies commonly deal with rashes, such as diaper rash, and baby powder works well to ease the problem and make it go away. Like lotions, body powders are applied to problem areas immediately after toweling off. Many of these are enriched with vitamins to aid your skin, and some are medicated with ingredients like menthol and zinc oxide to help repair skin as well as keep it dry and relive pain and itching. Powder also targets specific body areas, such as underarms and feet.
Other bath and body items
When taking care of yourself around bath time, there are other items you can use to make your skin look its best.
- Skin treatments When you have minor skin ailments, there are some over-the-counter products you can use to help relieve any symptoms and make the issue go away. If you are dealing with eczema or psoriasis, for example, there are lotions and oils specifically designed to treat those issues. There are some essential oils you can use for this purpose as well. However, more serious or chronic conditions should be addressed by your healthcare professional.
- body hair removal Unwanted body hair is a problem both men and women alike face. In addition to shaving the hair away, there are other products you can use that get to the root of the issue to help reduce the amount of unwanted body hair. These include hair removal lotions, gels and creams, called depilatories, that you leave on the skin for a few minutes, then wipe away with a cloth, taking the hair with it. More intensive hair removal involves the use of wax. The wax can be warmed and spread onto your trouble areas, then removed with strips applied to the wax. Some products already have the wax applied to the strips, saving you a step in the process.