Bags & Accessories
Coordinate your style with the right bags and accessories
Just because you have a nice shirt and pants on, found that ideal dress or have a suit or some other clothing that helps you dress to impress that doesn't mean you can't spice things up with a few accessories. Opt for accessories that complement your look and serve a function as well for the ultimate in good looks. Look through our collection of accessories, available at our Every Day Low Prices, and finish your look to perfection.
Picking out the right handbag is sometimes as difficult, or even more so, than choosing the right outfit. The last thing you want to do is choose a purse or other handbag that detracts from what you're wearing. The first step is to choose the right handbag. There are several options available, including satchels, shoulder bags, hobo bags, clutches, tote bags and even fanny packs.
- Clutches: Also known as evening bags, these are small, long bags that either have a small strap (which is called a wristlet) or none at all, that you carry by hand. These are ideal when you only want to carry essential items like cash, credit cards, identification and small makeup items. They close with a zipper or snap.
- Tote bags: This is an all-around bag that's useful for taking to a workplace or when you need access to a variety of different items. They're fairly large and have two handles side by side that make them easy to "tote."
- Satchels: Similar to the kind of bag a physician carries, these bags are smaller than a tote bag but still roomy enough to carry your essentials. They have handles like a tote bag, but these are short and closer to the bag without as much room to fit the bag onto your shoulders. Some satchels also have a shoulder strap. The material for these bags is usually stiff so the bag holds its shape.
- Crossbody bags: These make it easy to keep your hands free and still carry your most important items. The hallmarks of these bags are long straps for carrying over the shoulder and a front snap that makes it easy to access the items inside quickly.
- Shoulder and hobo bags: These bags are a cross between a satchel and a crossbody bag in that they have a shoulder strap and handles. They tend to be made of cloth or supple leather so they can flex.
- Fanny pack: These are small bags that you wear, with the bag itself resting behind your back. They can only hold a few essentials.
Wallets are something both men and women carry, but women tend to carry theirs in a purse or bag, while men put theirs in a pocket or briefcase. Many wallets are made of leather, but there are many other materials used as well, including nylon, canvas, polyester, vinyl and even metal.
- Men's wallets: These tend to be either bifold or trifold styles, with many in leather. They have a large storage area for paper money or documents, as well as areas where credit cards and identification cards can be kept vertically. They also have plastic sleeves for keeping pictures and cards, and storage spaces behind the folds.
- Women's wallets: Women's wallets resemble a clutch bag, but have several compartments not found in a clutch, such as a change purse, compartments for credit cards and cash and a snap or zipper closure.
Coordinating a certain look takes time and an eye for style. Fortunately, we have a number of other accessories that might be the missing pieces of the puzzle for your outfit.
- briefcases: Carry your necessary paperwork for your job, business, school or other destination in a stylish bag with locking features and storage compartments.
- backpacks: A useful accessory for school, work and travel, backpacks are flexible and have many pockets for storage. Some are waterproof.
- Messenger bags: A cross between a briefcase and backpack, and similar to a duffle bag, these bags can be carried by a handle or over the shoulder.
- Belts: Ideal accessories for men, women and children wearing looped pants and jeans, belts come in men's lengths that range from 30 inches to 56 inches and children and women's sizes ranging from small to extra large, with many made of leather.
- gloves: Protect your hands against inclement weather with gloves made from a variety of materials, including leather, cotton and polyester. Some are lined with fleece and come in either fingered or mitten form. Fingerless gloves have the tips missing from the ends of the gloves, including thumbs. For all types of gloves, there are many colors available.
- Sunglasses: Many distinctive styles are available, including aviator and wayfarer. We have several sunglasses in all price ranges. Many are polarized and offer ultraviolet ray protection for your eyes. Frames can be plastic or metal, and there are many colored lenses available as well.
- Hats: Styles are available for men, women and children, with multiple options for colors and styles, including caps, beanies, fedoras, floppy hats, visors and cowboy hats.
- Ties: Available as neckties and bowties, our ties come in an assortment of styles, colors, lengths and widths. You can select clip-on or tie-on styles.
*EV1 available on Walmart.com and in select Walmart stores.