- Doll Playsets
- Fashion Dolls
- Collectible Dolls
- Baby Dolls
- Doll Accessories
- Barbie Dolls & Dollhouses- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Doll Clothes & Accessories
- Electronic Pets
- Little Live Pets
- DC Super Hero Girls
- Furreal Friends
- Harry Potter Dolls
- Princess Ariel Dolls
- Princess Jasmine Dolls
- Princess Rapunzel Dolls
Pre-Order L.O.L. Surprise! JK Mini Fashion Doll with 15 Surprises now
Shopping guide for dolls, dollhouses and stuffed toys
Dolls and stuffed toys are a childhood staple for kids of all ages. From that special teddy bear they attached themselves to as an infant to the fashion dolls they play with until adolescence, these are the toys that help form lifelong memories. They can also help kids develop problem-solving skills, learn empathy, fine tune motor skills and encourage language skills. Dolls even provide comfort.
Best of all, there's no such thing as too many dolls, especially for kids who love to play pretend. They make excellent gifts for birthdays, holidays and just because, and you'll find that we offer a vast selection of dolls, dollhouses and stuffed toys for all children at Every Day Low Prices. Need help deciding? Shopping by age group is an easy way to discover the toys that will delight your child.
Infants and toddlers
While a plush doll or stuffed animal may not mean much to a newborn, older infants and toddlers can form strong attachments to them. A beloved toy may become a source of comfort, and older toddlers may attempt to mimic their parents, grandparents and other caregivers when playing with a baby doll. When shopping for this age group, keep the following tips in mind:
- Choose softer dolls and stuffed toys. Because babies haven't quite fine-tuned their motor skills, they may hurt themselves with dolls made from harder materials, like plastic.
- Look for toys with embroidered faces. Babies and toddlers love to look at faces, but they also love to put things in their mouths. Faces with eyes and other parts that may come loose could become a choking hazard, but embroidered faces are much safer.
- When shopping, pay attention to the age requirements set by the manufacturer. That is important for all age groups, but especially this age when little ones are just beginning to explore.
Once a child reaches the age of 3, there are many more suitable options in the doll, dollhouse and stuffed toy department. Children at this age will want toys with more details, too. A soft doll with no extra features may not hold their attention like it did in years past. Kids in this age group also love to mimic the adults around them, so they'll want dolls that look more realistic for hours on end of make believe and playing pretend.
- Know the child's favorite characters. By this age, the child will likely have some special favorite characters from television shows, movies and commercials, and a doll or stuffed toy that represents it will bring a smile to their face. Play sets with large, easy-to-hold figurines that resemble these characters are a great option, too.
- Shop for dolls with realistic features. Maybe they come with toys, bottles or gear like strollers and cradles. They may even cry or wet their diapers. Playing mommy or daddy is popular with this age group.
- Consider a durable dollhouse with figures and accessories for even more pretend play. Many top toy brands make dollhouses from plastic and other durable materials for younger children. In addition to houses, you can find other scenes like farms, schools and businesses. These teach kids about roles in the outside world.
Ages 5 to 8
Children within this age group are growing up and have higher expectations for their dolls and toys. They may still enjoy some of the ones they played with as preschoolers while also graduating to toys with more details. They're much more fascinated by the adult world and want to explore it as much as possible.
- Fashion dolls and action figures are great for this age. They allow kids to create and act out real-world scenarios through play.
- Accessories for dolls and dollhouses are a big deal at this age. If your child is into a particular brand of fashion doll, for example, they may want as much gear as possible, such as clothing, accessories, cars, houses and accompanying dolls.
- At this age, dolls can also be educational. Look for those that represent various careers, represent periods in history and those that provide other learning opportunities, such as taking care of pets.
Ages 9 and up
When kids reach the age of 9, they may feel a little conflicted because they want to play but they also want to act more grown up. Certain toys can help meet both needs.
- This is the perfect time to graduate to a more intricate dollhouse with wooden furniture and accessories.
- Kids at this age also begin to develop hobbies and other interests. Look for dolls that that encourage this type of exploration, such as doll whose hair can be styled or one with craft items that let your child design their own accessories for the doll.
- Older kids also tend to enjoy collecting stuffed versions of their favorite animals to use for room decor. Look for toys from popular movie and TV franchises to help your child express their interests.