Tips for Choosing Shoes
Having the right shoes for your family's needs is a critical part of deciding what to wear every day and staying comfortable while playing sports or heading out in inclement weather. Whether you need shoes for a formal party or special occasion, or your kids want the perfect boots or sandals with their favorite characters on them, you'll find a wide variety of shoes at Every Day Low Prices. We offer options for every member of your family, whether you need causal styles, athletic shoes or baby and toddler booties.
Imagine your favorite styles and colors combined we have every fashionista's dream shoe collection. From today's chic faux patent leather dress pumps to women's leather and steel-toe work boots to athletic shoes and sandals of every style, it's easy to find what you need to match every outfit with a shoe.
- When buying boots, match the style to your body type; for example, the fuller your figure, the chunkier your heels can be to balance out the look
- For everyday walking, a heel between a half-inch and an inch will give you the most comfort
- Look for flat shoes with a built-in arch support to keep your ankles and feet stable
From slippers and boots to athletic shoes, casual slip-ons, and safety and work shoes, we have every style shoe for any occasion. Choose pairs with wide widths, memory foam or gel-cushioned insoles, or select therapeutic shoes and slippers designed to accommodate orthotics and custom insoles. There are plenty of options that make these styles ultra-comfortable. You can get any sport shoe for your needs all under one roof, including shoes for wrestling, golf, basketball styles, cross-training and more.
- Invest in dress shoes with Goodyear welted construction for longevity
- Steel-toe protective work shoes don't stretch; size up a half or whole size to ensure they fit comfortably
- Look for lightweight hiking boots that are cushioned and high enough to protect your ankles on rough terrain
Little girls love the look of big girls' shoes. From dress shoes and boots that have wedges to low heels and embellished rhinestone sandals, there are plenty of styles for the younger set that mimic grown-up footwear. In addition, there are fun-loving jellies and lace slip-on shoes for the little girl at heart. Now may be the time your little girl is experimenting with her talents, and you can find specialty shoes for her interests, including tap, jazz, ballet and skate shoes along with softball and soccer cleats.
- New shoes should feel comfortable on your little girl right away and should not have to be broken in
- Dress shoes with 1-inch heels are safe to wear for special occasions a couple of hours at a time, but flats are best for everyday wear while your little one's feet are still developing
- A leather or suede split-sole in a ballet or jazz shoe is more flexible on the foot versus a full leather shoe
Your little boy's feet and preferences continue to grow and change as he does. Now is the time he may start to take an interest in sports. Pick up soccer cleats, boys' baseball cleats and boys' basketball sneakers all under one roof to meet your needs. Your little one may want to live in sneakers, but there's also a wide selection of sandals, flip-flops, water shoes and dress shoes to suit different occasions.
- Be sure to measure for athletic shoes when your child is wearing sport-specific socks to get the right fit with the socks' thickness
- Wiggle room is important, and there should be at least a thumbnail's length of space between your little boy's longest toe and the end of his shoe
- Look for shoes with rubber soles that also have a pattern or texture to provide adequate traction for slick floors and surfaces
Baby and Toddler Shoes
Newborns and pre-walking babies benefit from shoes with soft soles so they can wear them all day in superior comfort. Baby shoes are almost all slip-ons, which makes putting them on squirmy little feet a breeze. For toddlers on the go, they'll appreciate a variety of shoes, including athletic shoes, rain and snow boots depending on your climate, water shoes and sandals for summertime, and comfy dress shoes for special occasions. Toddler boys' shoes look like the big boys' versions, from casual slip-on shoes to hi-top athletic shoes. Toddler girls' shoes and boots are pretty, sporty or dressy with almost no heel heights.
- Look for baby shoes with elastic in place of laces or straps for easy dressing and holding the shoe onto your baby's foot
- Newborn shoes need slipper-like soft soles so your baby's feet are free to wiggle around
- Once your child starts walking, look for shoes with flexible, nonskid soles made of rubber and a substantial synthetic upper for proper support
- Lightweight, non-bulky boots help toddlers walk freely
- Active toddlers will feel secure in shoes with non-slip outer soles
*EV1 available on Walmart.com and in select Walmart stores.