- Electric Shavers- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Electric Shave Replacement Heads- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Razors- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Razor Cartridges- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Shaving Cream & Gel- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Epilators & Shavers
- Waxes & Depilatory Cream
- Trimmers Groomers
- Beard Care
A guide to choosing the right shaving solution
Selecting the right shaving products can make the difference between perfectly smooth, healthy skin and irritated skin. Whether you're a man looking for the best products for your morning shaving routine, or a woman in search of the best shaver for the legs and underarms, the extensive selection of shavers at Walmart has you covered. Moreover, with our Every Day Low Prices, you can treat yourself with high-quality grooming products every time you shave.
Men who don t want to deal with the hassle of using traditional razors on their beard generally opt for an electric shaver that gets the same results but with less effort. The choice of electric shavers at Walmart is vast, and you need to consider whether you want a wet or dry device, as well as other factors such as recharging options and blade types.
Dry vs. wet shave: Dry shavers are a good option for those who are always on the go, but may be tough on sensitive skin. On the other hand, wet and dry shavers work with shaving gel or foam and are gentler on sensitive skin. The latter are suitable for use in the shower so you don t waste too much shaving in the morning.
Rotary vs. foil shavers: Rotary shavers have three heads with spinning discs that travel easily over your face, but don t shave extremely close. they're ideal for normal skin and thicker hair and if you like to shave every other day. If you want to shave every day and you have sensitive skin, a shaver with foil blades would be a better choice.
Cordless vs. mains-powered: Cordless shavers are the most convenient option, but you need to check the battery life regularly, and they may be more expensive. Mains-powered shavers are a low-cost option, but you need to have a mains socket close to your shaving place.
Men s razors
The main types of men s razors available on the market are safety razors, cartridge razors and disposable razors. Each of these types comes with its own benefits, so choose the one that best fits your needs.
- Safety razors are often a lifetime investment, as you can replace the blades when dulled; they have a single blade so they may not shave too closely
- Cartridge razors provide closer shaves because they come with multiple blades, unlike safety razors, and you can replace them when dulled as well
- Disposable razors are very convenient, especially when traveling, and they come with one or more blades integrated into a plastic handle
Multiple types of shaving cream exist, but not all of them are created equally, so it s essential to use one that suits both your skin and shaving style. If you use a safety razor, more shaving cream and lather is required, so opt for a traditional shaving cream and brush. Foams and gels are generally a good choice for disposables, and you can use them straight from the tube, without a brush.
Women s razors
Just like in the case of men s razors, women s razors come in multiple types, with disposable or refillable models being the most common ones. Some models feature conditioning and cooling strips on the sides of the razor to make shaving easier and leave the skin smooth. Others come with a built-in gel cartridge that eliminates the need for using separate shaving foam. Women s razors generally come with multiple blades, with four and five being great to avoid skin irritation.
Epilators eliminate unwanted hair by pulling it out from the root, and some models also come with a built-in razor to help you get rid of hair on the more sensitive body parts. Here are some of the benefits of using an epilator instead of a regular razor:
- Results last for longer, and you generally can wait between two and three weeks between sessions
- With wet and dry models, you can use your epilator in the bath and shower
- Models that come with a trimmer help you cut the hair to the best length before epilation for optimum results
- Epilators are a good choice for traveling, as you don t have to worry about taking shaving foam and disposable razors on a plane