- Wellness Deals- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Supplements- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Multivitamins- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Letter Vitamins- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Minerals- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Fish Oil and Omegas- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Herbal Supplements- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Aromatherapy- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Homeopathic Remedies- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
- Cleanses and Detox- use alt shift right arrow to open the sub menu
New & Trending
Feel healthy and energized with vitamins and supplements
Ideally, people meet their daily nutritional needs through healthy eating, but many don't get all the vitamins and minerals their bodies need from the foods they eat. Multivitamins and other supplements can help make up the difference and prevent vitamin and mineral deficiencies. They can also provide more nutrients than diet alone, which may help to protect against or manage certain diseases. Find out a little bit more about what your body needs to stay healthy.
What are the most essential vitamins?
The following list of vitamins are essential for the body to function properly:
- Vitamin A is needed for healthy eyes, skin and skeletal tissue.
- Vitamin B1 (thiamin) helps the body use up fat and produce energy.
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) is an antioxidant that protects the body s cells protect against free radical damage.
- Vitamin B3 (niacin) may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) is important for hormone production, immune system health and energy.
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) helps protect the layer around cells.
- Vitamin B7 (biotin) aids the metabolism and promotes healthy skin, hair, nails and cells.
- Vitamin B9 (folate) is necessary for the proper functioning of the nervous system.
- Vitamin B12 (cobalamin) is needed to produce healthy red blood and nerve cells.
- Vitamin C is essential for the growth and repair of body tissue.
- Vitamin D helps with calcium absorption and helps build healthy bones and optimal immune function.
- Vitamin E protects against free radicals and may also boost the immune system.
- Vitamin K may help the blood to clot and prevent excessive bleeding while keeping your heart healthy and your bones strong.
- Choline is important for liver function, nerve function and muscle movement.
- Multivitamins are a great way to get many vitamins in one or two pills, tablets, or gummies
Boost your immune system
Your immune system serves to protect your body against infection and disease. What you put into our body affects your immune system, and a lack of selected micronutrients can lead to immune deficiency.
- Vitamins A, C and E help maintain the lining of the respiratory and digestive tracts, which acts as a barrier against infection.
- Vitamin D works with certain white blood cells which are important to the immune system s ability to fight off infection and disease.
- Selenium acts as an antioxidant to help fight infection and protect the body against oxygen free radical damage.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are essential for reducing inflammation.
Some people have a higher risk of vitamin and mineral deficiencies. If you've lost weight recently, you may be deficient in a wide range of vitamins and minerals. Be sure to start taking a high-quality multivitamin and mineral supplement. These popular supplements come in a wide variety of forms: pills, capsules, chewable tablets, gummies, drinks (liquids and powders) and more. With so many options, it should be easy to find one that works for you.
Vegetarians and vegans
If you're a vegetarian, you may have deficiencies in protein, vitamin B12, iron, vitamin D, zinc, iodine, riboflavin, calcium and selenium. Vegans are especially likely to be low in protein, selenium and B12. In addition to a multivitamin and mineral supplement, you might want to consider adding a vegan-friendly protein shake or two to your daily regimen. There are a wide variety of shake powders on the market, typically available in, but not limited to, vanilla, chocolate and strawberry flavors. One scoop of protein powder usually provides approximately 25 grams of protein, but it varies from one supplier to another.
More support for seniors
Seniors are often deficient in vitamin D, vitamin A, vitamin E, calcium and zinc and occasionally vitamin B1 and vitamin B2. Older adults need more calcium and vitamin D to help maintain bone health. Try three daily servings of vitamin D-fortified low-fat or fat-free milk or yogurt. Other calcium-rich foods include fortified cereals and fruit juices, dark green leafy vegetables and canned fish. These are all great additions to your daily meals, but be sure to take a multivitamin with age-adjusted doses of nutrients for people 50 years and older.
For those who like to work out with weights, supplements can aid the recovery process and build muscle. Strength training on a regular basis breaks down your muscles so they can grow back bigger and stronger. Be sure to have a solid meal plan, get plenty of rest between workouts, drink lots of water, and consider a protein supplement in the form of powders that can be mixed or protein bars. You can also add creatine to help build muscle and a variety of other workout supplements to assist with your fitness goals.
At Walmart, you'll find a wide selection of vitamins and other supplements to help you keep up with your nutritional needs. Save money. Live better.