Would not install windows 10. Would show an error code. I tried everything even calling Asus but no one had a solution. After hours of frustration I was about to return it but then googled the error code (had to take pic of error code because it would flash for 2 sec). Turns out the wifi driver from ASUS prevents the installation. I disabled the wifi driver from the bios and WIn 10 installed. This is a known issue with x299 boards from ASUS, just google it. I do not use wifi from the board so i decided to keep it. This is unacceptable for a $800 board. The board is great but ASUS needs to address this issue and get their act together, if it was not for other buyers having the same issue and sharing it I would never have pin pointed the error. If it was not for this issue I would give the board 5 stars but Asus does not deserve it by not quality testing their boards.
About This Item
- Performance: We've rethought and refined every aspect of Rampage VI Extreme Omega to provide the solid foundation needed to create an extreme gaming system that delivers the highest performance.
- Power Design that Bucks Trends: The monstrous compute power of high core count (HCC) processors necessitates a power circuit that rapidly responds to massive current swings. And those demands increase exponentially when the CPU is overclocked. Featuring an array of 16 strategically paired power stages, the Omega's VRM is geared for any workload and all operating conditions.
- Power Architecture: Overclocked multi-core processors place incredible loads on the VRM when transitioning between load states. However, conventional motherboard design practices place primary focus on component specs without implementing circuit topologies that provide optimal transient response. The Omega bucks industry trends by utilizing teamed PowIRstages to double the burst current of each phase and rapidly respond to load changes.
- Cooling: Effective cooling is extremely important for up to 18-core processing beasts, even at stock speeds. That's why ROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega is fully armed to provide the best foundation for extreme PC systems, enabling higher performance at lower temperatures.
- ROG Water-Cooling Zone: ROG Water-Cooling Zone's dual water-temperature headers and flow-rate header feed information straight into the AI Suite utility, so you can keep track of coolant temperatures, and the flow rate of the entire loop.
- Fan Extension Card II: ROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega includes our new Fan Extension Card II, which adds six headers that are controllable via FanXpert 4. The card has three temperature-sensor headers to complement the one available onboard and, more importantly, it comes with three thermistors that you can affix to different components. In addition to supplying extra headers for cooling, it has three primed for RGB LED strips.
- Optimization: Rampage VI Extreme Omega is packed with intuitive and flexible tools that let you customize every aspect of your system to deliver the performance and features you want. Take advantage of 5-Way Optimization for intelligent, automatic overclocking or enjoy full manual control via comprehensive UEFI BIOS settings.
- CPU: LGA2066; Supports Intel Core X-Series Processor; Supports Intel Virtual RAID on CPU (VROC); Supports 14nm CPU; Supports Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
- Chipset: Intel X299
- Memory: 8x DDR4-4266+(OC)/ 4133(OC)/ 4000(OC)/ 3866(OC)/ 3800(OC)/ 3733(OC)/ 3600(OC)/ 3466(OC)/ 3400(OC)/ 3333(OC)/ 3300(OC)/ 3200(OC)/ 3000(OC)/ 2933(OC)/ 2800(OC)/ 2666/ 2400/ 2133 MHz, Quad Channel, non-ECC, un-buffered, Max Capacity of 128GB
- Slots: 6x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slots (3 supports x16, x16/x16 or x16/x8/x8 modes; 3 supports x16, x16/x8, x8/x8/x8 modes), 1x PCI-Express 3.0 x4 Slot
- Multi-Graphics: Supports AMD 3-Way/ 2-Way CrossFireX and NVIDIA 3-Way/ 2-Way SLI Technology
- Storage: SATA: 6x SATA3 Ports, Support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10; M.2: 1x DIMM.2 Port (supports - 2x M.2 Socket 3 with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 & supports PCIe 3.0 x 4 mode); 2x M.2 Ports, one supports type 2242/ 2260/ 2280/ 22110 & PCI-Express 3.0 x4 mode, one supports type 2242/ 2260/ 2280 & SATA & PCI-Express 3.0 x4 mode; U.2: 1x U.2 Port, support PCI-Express 3.0 x4 NVME storage devices
- Audio: ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220
- LAN: Intel I219V Gigabit Ethernet Controller; Aquantia AQC-107 10G LAN; Intel Wireless-AC 9260 2x2 MU-MIMO 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wireless LAN (2.4/5 GHz); Bluetooth v5.0
- Ports: 3x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Ports (1 front, 1 Type-A rear, 1 USB Type-C rear), 14x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Ports (10 rear, 4 at mid-board), 4x USB 2.0 Ports (at mid-board), 1x Optical S/PDIF out, 1x 2x2 Wi-Fi Module, 1x Aquantia AQC-107 10G LAN, 1x RJ45 LAN Port, Audio I/O Jacks
- Power Connector: 1x 24-pin EATX Power Connector, 2x 8-pin EATX 12V Power connector, 1x 4-pin EZ_PLUG Power connector
proposition 65 reasons:titanium dioxide, other chemicals
|Global Product Type|
ASUS Computer International
|Price Per Unit UOM|
|Number of Customer Ratings|
|PPU Quantity of Units|
|Video Game Platform|
|Count Per Pack|
ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega X299-II Gaming Motherboard
|Manufacturer Part Number|
Get specific details about this product from customers who own it.
Ask a question