Check out these related products
- $15.14 List price $17.99Save $2.85
- $14.00 List price $16.99Save $2.99
- $15.88 List price $16.95Save $1.07
- $15.90 List price $16.95Save $1.05
- $14.08 List price $19.00Save $4.92
- $9.85 List price $15.95Save $6.10
- $15.67 List price $18.95Save $3.28
- $15.42 List price $17.95Save $2.53
- $13.86 List price $19.99Save $6.13
- $12.11 List price $16.00Save $3.89
- $12.25 List price $16.00Save $3.75
- $14.07 List price $18.00Save $3.93
- $13.91 List price $17.00Save $3.09
- $13.14 List price $16.00Save $2.86
- $14.83 List price $18.95Save $4.12
- $12.75 List price $15.00Save $2.25
- $10.09 List price $16.95Save $6.86
- $14.39 List price $17.00Save $2.61
- $12.00 List price $19.99Save $7.99
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, Three Rivers Press (CA), 2008, ISBN13 9780307395313, ISBN10 0307395316
Take On Hollywood and Make It as a Television Writer.
From mediabistro.com, the media industry's most well-respected source for jobs, professional development, and community, this inside-the-business guide gives you the knowledge and tools you need to infiltrate Hollywood and land a job as a TV writer. That's right--"Small Screen, Big Picture" gives you a competitive edge over millions of other aspiring writers who share your talent, creativity, and determination . . . because after reading these pages, you'll have the one thing they lack: an understanding of the business of television.
This journey into Hollywood's inner workings not only details how networks, studios, and production companies work together, it teaches you how the process affects the creation and writing of TV series, how shows make money, and--ultimately--how you can use this information to break into the industry.
- What really goes on in the inner sanctum of the writers' room--and how to be a part of it
- How today's TV business model works--and how rapidly it's changing
- Who has the power to buy a show idea--and how to pitch your own
- How new media formats are changing television--and how to use them to your advantage
- Which jobs will kick-start your TV writing career--and how to get hired
- And much more . . .
Armed with this solid foundation of knowledge, you'll be ready to plan your entry into the industry and begin your successful TV writing career.
|Number of Pages:||430|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Subject:||TELEVISION_PRODUCTION AND DIRECTION , TELEVISION_VOCATIONAL GUIDANCE , TELEVISION AUTHORSHIP|
|Author:||Gervich, Chad , Gordon, Howard|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.00 x 9.25 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.