Education of a Wandering Man
Check out these related products
- $17.80 List price $25.00Save $7.20
- $18.32 List price $26.00Save $7.68
- $15.41 Was $18.53Save $3.12
- $19.25 Was $20.97Save $1.72
- $18.51 Was $19.61Save $1.10
- $26.97 List price $29.95Save $2.98
- $7.19 List price $7.99Save $0.80
- $6.50 List price $6.99Save $0.49
- $19.83 List price $25.95Save $6.12
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Hardcover, Bantam Books, 2008, ISBN13 9780553057034, ISBN10 0553057030
Shortly before his death in June 1988, Louis L'Amour completed writing his most unique adventure story: a personal reflection on his lifelong love affair with learning. Now Bantam Books proudly presents this special Centennial Edition of Education of a Wandering Man," " in which L'Amour vividly recalls many of the books he read, the places he visited, and the people he met that catalyzed his evolution as a writer.
In this, his most personal book ever, L'Amour writes of growing up in Jamestown, North Dakota, of the parents who instilled in him a love of the printed and spoken word, and of his decision to leave school at fifteen to make the world his classroom. While his contemporaries attended high school, L'Amour skinned cattle in Texas, worked as a circus roustabout and a mine caretaker, won small-town prizefighting exhibitions, hoboed across Texas on the Southern Pacific, and shipped out to the West Indies, England, and Singapore as a merchant seaman. Wherever he wandered, his pockets were always bulging with books.
Like the beloved Louis L'Amour novels and short stories that preceded it, Education of a Wandering Man has its share of frontier drama--such as the author's desperate two-day trek across the blazing Mojave Desert--and robust characters, ranging from Shanghai waterfront toughs to itinerant desert prospectors. All this ultimately informed and inspired the books that have made L'Amour one of the most widely read authors of our time.
Ever both teacher and storyteller, Louis L'Amour makes his education our education, in a book filled with glorious asides on everything from hobo culture to the fate of Butch Cassidy.
Here is a testament--part memoir, part reflection--in which the author bequeaths to us a most wonderful legacy of the "education of a wandering man" a life lived to the fullest through the never-ending quest for knowledge.
|Number of Pages:||232|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Publication Date:||April, 2008|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $17.45 List price $28.00Save $10.55
- $15.00 List price $25.00Save $10.00
- $12.74 List price $14.99Save $2.25
- $14.88 List price $25.00Save $10.12
- $11.84 List price $16.00Save $4.16
- $9.52 List price $16.00Save $6.48
- $19.99 List price $26.95Save $6.96
- $12.70 List price $18.95Save $6.25
- $8.17 List price $12.95Save $4.78
- $8.98 List price $15.99Save $7.01
- $11.21 List price $15.95Save $4.74
- $15.30 List price $16.95Save $1.65
- $17.30 List price $26.95Save $9.65