Your guide to Walmart's Layaway services
During the holidays, take more time to pay with Layaway from Walmart. By offering you a convenient way to pay, along with our Every Day Low Prices, Walmart is the perfect place to do your Christmas shopping.
We make it easier on your wallet by spreading out holiday payments over a period of time. You don't have to use credit cards, and you don't have to pay interest on your purchases when you use our Layaway plan.
Here's your guide to having a happy Walmart holiday:
When Layaway is available
Walmart Layaway is available in stores during the holiday season, but check your local store for the exact dates between early September and mid-December. (Certain store locations offer the service year-round for Jewelry purchases.)
Please note that Layaway is not offered online; it's only for in-store purchases.
How it works
Opening a Layaway plan is easy at Walmart and only requires a few steps while you're in the store. To initiate a Layaway, simply bring the item or "tear pad" ticket for large and heavy items to the Pickup Service Desk in your store.
- There's no opening fee required for a Layaway.
- All you need to do is make a small down-payment of $10, or 10%, whichever is greater. Individual items must cost $10 or more. Total purchase must be $50 or greater.
You can make payments anytime on your Layaway at any register in the store. You can sign up for email or text reminders about payments.
Read the fine print
Make sure you read the fine print about our Layaway services to avoid any unnecessary surprises:
- Minimums - Individual items must be $10 or greater, and total purchases must equal $50 or more.
- Terms - Layaway begins in September. Final payment and pickup must be made before the last day of Layaway at the same store where it was initiated, otherwise the account will be canceled. NOTE: Layaway excludes wireless phones that require contracts.
- Cancellation - If your Layaway account is canceled, items will be returned to inventory. Any down-payment and payments made will be refunded, less a $10 cancellation fee. Cancellation fee does not apply in Maryland, Ohio, Rhode Island or Washington, D.C.
- Returns - Walmart Return Policy applies to all Layaway transactions.
- Set up in stores only (not available for online purchases).
- Excludes wireless phones that require contracts.
- Layaway not available on Thursday, November 23rd.
- See your local Walmart store for more details.
What you can put on Layaway
- Electronics (without service plans)
- Small Appliances
- Large Furniture
- Auto Electronics
- Sporting Goods (select items)
- Infant Toys
- Infant Furniture
See your local Walmart store for more details on our Holiday Layaway Plan.
Walmart's Savings Showcase
Be sure to check the online Savings Showcase where there are Clearance, Rollbacks and Special Buys that you can put on Layaway. To get to the savings, you'll find the \"All Departments\" menu on the left-hand side of the website. Scroll down to find links to \"Clearance,\" \"Rollbacks\" and \"Special Buys\" pages.
In addition to our Every Day Low Prices, Walmart stores offer even more opportunities to save money while holiday shopping.
- Clearance signs can be found in every corner of every Walmart, so keep your eyes peeled for deals you can place on Holiday Layaway.
- Holiday Rollbacks aren't Clearance items; they're items we've lowered the price on for a set amount of time. You'll find Rollbacks listed in Walmart flyers, online, and on in-store signage—many of which can be placed on Layaway.
- Holiday Special Buys happen at Walmart all the time to offer you low prices throughout the entire season, so you don't have to wait until Black Friday to grab an item that's on your radar and put it on Layaway.
Walmart's Gift Guide
We make it easy to select gifts for every occasion with our online guide. Simply go to Walmart.com and enter "Gift Guide" into the search bar and you'll be taken right there. You can review items in the comfort of your own home before stepping foot in the store. You'll see suggestions for all kinds of categories that are eligible for Layaway, including:
- Gifts categorized by price, from under $15 to under $100
- Gifts for him and her
- Gifts for babies, toddlers, and kids
- Gifts for decor, tech, gaming and electronics enthusiasts
- Gifts for sports and outdoor enthusiasts
- Gifts for DIYers
- Gifts for fashionistas
- Holiday housewarming gifts
Stretch your dollars and find the gifts you really want to give this holiday season by taking advantage of Walmart's Layaway services.