We shopped extensively on the website to find the best one for us. We wanted a GOOD, INEXPENSIVE, trailerable tarp. $150 with 5 year warranty was a dream come true. I would like point out why this was the best and clarify some of the questions I had. 1) The only reason I do not give 5 stars for "meets expectations", is the fabric doesn't LOOK as water repellant as I thought it would. The box says "water resistant", not "waterproof". I bet this is why they include a tarp pole. (We needed a new one anyway.) The company gives this 4 stars for "waterproofness". The "better" models were much more expensive and/or had only a 4 year warranty. We haven't seen any rain yet so it may do better than I assume.
2) We were pleasantly surprised that this tarp was noticeably lighter in weight than our old, heavy one. The fabric is very impressive.
3) The straps reach down, around the trailer and back up to the clip. (Yea,no more straps left on the trailer to tie up or run over!)
4) We like the extra set of tie downs this one has compared to some other choices.
5) Straps are well stitched-down across the cover itself. (More durable than just connecting them to the edge.) Unfortunately, this leaves nowhere to tie up excess strap ends. We might have to break down and cut them shorter.
6) We bought the 20-22' tarp for our 19.5' boat and it fits well. Maybe a tad long, but the very, very similar tarp we bought a few weeks earlier at Walmart was too short even though it was for a V hull up to 19' long. It had points at both ends instead of a square back end, weird.
7) Not knowing our beam width, I went for this one because it had the largest one, I believe up to 10 inches wider than some. The extra width comes down a little farther than in the description pictures but we prefer it that way.
8) I really like the darker gray color. I guess if it fades, it will be more the light gray that is common instead of white-used-to-be-gray. We store out boat under a carport and out of the sun so I am optimistic.
9) Lastly, the first time we unrolled it to put it on was during a microbust before a storm. It went on beautifully with the kids help holding it on. The way the straps attach is absolutely great! Unfortunately, the pieces of foam pipe insulation we use at the stress points will always be a fact of life. Well worth the trouble to make the tarp hopefully last for many more years than just 5!!
Was this review helpful? (2) (0)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.