Hello, Hello. Sign In
Please enter a valid city, state or zip code
176 reviews | 4.3 out of 5
I ordered this cover for my 18 SeaPro with an outboard motor. Cover fits great and the adjustable tie downs are spaced nicely. I looked at many boat covers before deciding to purchase this one and I was not disappointed.
The boat cover fit my boat very well with no extra material flapping around back by the motor. Air vents are a nice feature. Light weight with reinforced front and corners are good. Now the bad news. The strapping that is sewed to the cover extends down and under the hemline but the strap that holds the buckle stops about 4 inches above the hemline. At highway speeds and under the cover wants to ride up under the buckle as there is nothing to hold it down. Once you tighten the strap there is no way to keep it tight. Therefore, it loosens and then the cover rides up and the loose strapping shreds itself. The bow straps are too short to go around the trailer frame. It will take some modifications to make this cover work so I will be contacting the company to see what they will do to make me a satisfied customer.
It fit my 18 foot jet boat as well as the Sea Doo brand.
NICE MATERIAL AND GOOD FIT. STAYS TIGHT WITH RAIN POLE.
NICER THAN COVERS COSTING TWICE AS MUCH.
This product is made of durable material and even comes with a pole to lift the center to keep rain from pooling. The price is better than any others I found. I recomend this purchase to anyone.
I purchased this cover specifically for a 740 mile (each way) trip I made in July 2014. It involved traveling at highway speds of mostly 65 to 80 mph. The straps continually loosened. I had to stop several times to retighten them and eventually knotted them at the snaps to prevent further loosening. The elastic cord on the port side eventually broke and the seams ripped. One of the fastening straps wore through as well. I am going to try to get my money back on this cover and purchase a boat specific one from Overtons instead... The only positive thing I can say about this cover is it did keep my boat dry while parked.
Very pleasantly surprised at the quality and value. Five year warranty! Looks wonderful. Tie downs fully incorporated into the cover, so they will not tear out. Tie downs are excellent, as they adjust and unclip easily to the trailer. Two vents toward the rear should allow for moisture to escape. The material looks and feels super. The bottom has elastic all around, so just a hair tricky to get in place. Easier with two persons, but can be done by one person. Get the nose started and move backward. I love it. We'll see how it's longevity is. Extremely happy with this cover. It came with one special pole to hold it up so water does not pool. I ordered a second adjustable pole for less than $10, so we have one both front and back. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat to anyone looking for a boat cover.
We shopped extensively on the website to find the best one for us. We wanted a GOOD, INEXPENSIVE, trailerable tarp. $150 with 5 year warranty was a dream come true. I would like point out why this was the best and clarify some of the questions I had. 1) The only reason I do not give 5 stars for "meets expectations", is the fabric doesn't LOOK as water repellant as I thought it would. The box says "water resistant", not "waterproof". I bet this is why they include a tarp pole. (We needed a new one anyway.) The company gives this 4 stars for "waterproofness". The "better" models were much more expensive and/or had only a 4 year warranty. We haven't seen any rain yet so it may do better than I assume.
2) We were pleasantly surprised that this tarp was noticeably lighter in weight than our old, heavy one. The fabric is very impressive.
3) The straps reach down, around the trailer and back up to the clip. (Yea,no more straps left on the trailer to tie up or run over!)
4) We like the extra set of tie downs this one has compared to some other choices.
5) Straps are well stitched-down across the cover itself. (More durable than just connecting them to the edge.) Unfortunately, this leaves nowhere to tie up excess strap ends. We might have to break down and cut them shorter.
6) We bought the 20-22' tarp for our 19.5' boat and it fits well. Maybe a tad long, but the very, very similar tarp we bought a few weeks earlier at Walmart was too short even though it was for a V hull up to 19' long. It had points at both ends instead of a square back end, weird.
7) Not knowing our beam width, I went for this one because it had the largest one, I believe up to 10 inches wider than some. The extra width comes down a little farther than in the description pictures but we prefer it that way.
8) I really like the darker gray color. I guess if it fades, it will be more the light gray that is common instead of white-used-to-be-gray. We store out boat under a carport and out of the sun so I am optimistic.
9) Lastly, the first time we unrolled it to put it on was during a microbust before a storm. It went on beautifully with the kids help holding it on. The way the straps attach is absolutely great! Unfortunately, the pieces of foam pipe insulation we use at the stress points will always be a fact of life. Well worth the trouble to make the tarp hopefully last for many more years than just 5!!
Most Reviews said buy a bigger cover than you need. Wrong!!!! I returned a larger cover for a 17 to 19 foot cover. I bought this cover and it fits like a glove on my 16 ft Sylvan. (14 to 16 ft.) Seems to be well made, I will tell you I have a side console with no windshield and bought the 90 inch beam. The key to a great fit is i bought 3 wood slats and cut them too fit, Fore, mid ship and aft. They bow perfectly and keep the cover tight. It rained all day today and all water just ran off. This cover looks great and i believe it will trailer well. The only negative is the two straps by the engine did not come with the extension straps to tie to trailer. Will call company to see if it was a packing error! Good fishing and crabbing to you all !!!!!!!!
This boat cover is well made and a good cover. The only problem was it said it would fit a Bass boat but it is made to fit a boat with a pointed bow. You would think that a company that makes such a well made cover would write a correct description of it.
This is the second STORM-PRO I have bought . The first lasted 7 1/2 years . I found it CHEAPER to buy the STORM-PRO than several lower cost covers that last a year or two . The fit is perfect.
I am very pleased with this boat cover, easy to put on and the quality is outstanding. Much nicer than I expected. If all of your products are of this quality, I will be purchasing more, Thank-you,
The material appears and feels heavier and tougher than previous covers I have bought. I hope that proves to be the case in reality (time will tell).
I received it a few days after an 8" snow storm so I didn't get to see how it would hold up under those circumstances. But then we got another storm which gave us 5" of snow, then sleet, then turned to rain. It held up with no problems that I have seen.
I purchased this cover to protect my 1941 Chris Craft deluxe runabout. The fit and built in attachment straps makes this cover one of the best I have found for this boat. The materials are superior to other covers as well. I am going to order another to have on hand for when this cover needs replacing, though I think it will be many years before that time.
great cover, fits perfect. easy to put on and take off. great value for the price!
Great quality for the price.
Excellent buy! Well made and good material. The sewn in tie down straps are well made and placed. I'm glad I bought it. Should last several years. Good buy.
The boat cover is a great deal for the price & is sturdy enough to use it traveling on long trips without any rips/tears. The straps are fastened to the cover & are very easy to fasten to the frame. It also comes with a stand to hold up the cover so water does not lay in puddles but this device is made out of light plastic tube sections & separates very easily. I had to tape the sections together so it would not come apart when fastening down the cover.
First time over the road with this cover, the back edge shredded. Okay for storage, horrible for on the road trailering.
Did not fit bass boat with trolling motor on bow as all bass boats have.