About this item
About this item
The Roku 3 Streaming Player is lightning-fast and fully loaded with features to give you the ultimate entertainment experience. A sensational media companion, this small black box includes an enhanced remote with convenient voice search, point-anywhere ease of use and motion control for gaming. Slip on the headphones when you need to drown out environmental noise or you want some private listening time. This outstanding streaming media player allows you to enjoy more than 2,000 channels, offering access to 250,000-plus movies and TV episodes plus games, music, sports, international programming, kids' programming and more. Search across the top channels to find your favorites. Access the widest selection of channels on the Roku HD streaming player by title, actor or director. Follow new movies you want to watch and receive automatic updates when they're ready for viewing.
Enjoy up to 1080p stunning HD video on the multi-functional streaming media player, as well as Ethernet, USB and microSD card ports. This is your go-to connection for entertainment, interactive gaming and surfing the Web. The fully-loaded, top-rated Roku 3 streaming player handles mobile devices with ease for customized screen time.
Roku 3 Streaming Player:
- Fully loaded, top-rated
- 2,000-plus streaming channels
- 250,000-plus movies and TV episodes
- Search across top channels
- Headphone jack for private listening
- Search with voice using enhanced remote
- Search across the most channels
- Motion-controlled gaming
- Up to 1080p Full HD
- Dual-band wireless streaming media player
- Excellent with mobile devices
- Ethernet port for wired connection
- USB and microSD to play personal media
|Memory Card Type:||Micro SD|
|Contained Battery Type:||Alkaline|
|Connector Type:||1 x Ethernet, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Headphone, 1 x USB 2.0|
|Audio Feature:||Digital player , Network player|
|Video Game Platform:||PC|
|Audio Track Codec:||Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 Surround Sound|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||4230R|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||3.50 x 3.50 x 1.00 Inches|
Ask a question
- In order to use a 2015 model Roku 3 or a 2015 model Roku 2 you need High Speed Internet. Your Internet can be Wi-Fi or Ethernet hard wired with either of those model Roku units because they both have the capability to connect either way. Minimum download speed for any Roku is 1.5 MBPS but faster is better. So you need to already have High Speed Internet service to use a Roku. All Roku units will connect to an existing private Wi-Fi network but the current Roku 2 and Roku 3 will also connect via hard wired Ethernet cable.by DV12311/25/2016Was this answer helpful? (17) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- You will need a WiFi connection to use the Roku 3.by CommunityAnswer11/25/2016Was this answer helpful? (12) (4)Was this answer helpful?
Q. I have a lg smart tv. I was told that a roku is not needed with smart tv's. Is this true?
- Actually Roku has more channels than is usually available on most smart TV sets. The majority of the 2,000 plus Roku channels are probably of no interest to you, but a few could be. It might be a good idea to visit RokuGuide Dot Com which lists almost all Roku channels and see if the additional channel selection would make enough difference to justify the purchase price of a Roku. I like some of the Roku exclusives like Sling, The B/W channel, Movie Vault, Pub-D-Hub and others that probably are not on your Smart TV. I also like the interface to subscription channels like Netflix and Amazon better on the Roku. I put an Internet streaming Sony Blu-Ray player in the living room which gets the same channels as the Sony Smart TV sets and then moved the Roku to the bedroom but it wasn't long before I was buying another Roku for the living room. Now I use the Blu-Ray only to play discs. The Roku channel count is staggering in comparison to most Smart TV sets. Wading through the worthless Roku channels to find something you like takes time, but is worth it. Depending on your interests there is probably a Roku channel for it. Most Smart TV sets are using the Google TV platform, including Sony, so most Smart TV sets get the same channels. Most electronic economists suggest purchasing a normal TV and a separate Internet streaming device like a Roku because it is cheaper than buying a Smart TV plus if one breaks down it is less expensive to replace. I think the sets with the built in Roku player are probably good but I will keep my streaming player separate from the TV and it will be a Roku. Love my Roku units!by DV12311/25/2016Was this answer helpful? (30) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, Roku has a smart TV app that takes the place of the streaming device.by CommunityAnswer11/25/2016Was this answer helpful? (17) (7)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also viewed these products
- Reduced Price$68.71 List price $137.42Save $68.71