Customers also considered
Check out these related products
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
The acclaimed author of the New York Times bestselling Underland Chronicles series delivers equal parts suspense and philosophy, adventure and romance, in a stunning novel set in a future with unsettling parallels to the present.
Could you survive on your own, in the wild, with everyone out to make sure you don't live to see the morning?
In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-and survival
|Number of Pages:||374|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Subject:||SCIENCE FICTION , CONTESTS_FICTION , CHILDREN'S FICTION , INTERPERSONAL RELATIONS_FICTION|
|Target Audience:||Juvenile Audience|
|Series Title:||Hunger Games|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||6.25 x 8.50 x 1.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- No, this is not written for girls only. There is alot of action and battle in the books---strategy, etc. Both boys and girls will enjoy this series.by Shop885/3/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No not like Twilight, great for either girls and boys.by organizinggrandma4/15/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, not at all. Although there is mushy stuff in this book, there is a lot of action. Way better than the twilight books in my opinion. I know a lot of boys that have read this book and loved it.by YoloYouOnlyLiveOnce3/16/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- My son loved it as much as my daughter, and I'm a 65 year old woman who loved it. Also my nephew's class at school is now reading it in class.by CJWokie1/10/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- My husband really enjoyed this book.by PleasureReader3/8/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- no, i first bought this book for my boyfriend who is 24 and after he read it he told me is was really good so i decided to read it alsoby assnowfallls1/29/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Boys will love this book. Action packed! My son and husband can't stop reading them.by jediknight312/30/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This is a very unisex book. There is definitely subject matter for girls and for boys. It's well written, along the lines of Harry Potter (without the magic) rather than the Twilight series. Romance is subplot and bigger issues are the focus of the major plot line.by An anonymous customer10/3/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I would recommend this book to both men and womenby jme2410/3/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Definitely not just for girls! My eighteen year old brother loved it, and there's plenty of action. While it does involve some romance, there are no vampires in sight!by EireLady10/3/2010Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. If you look at the top of the description where it says "formal", it says hardcover.by browneyedsupermom12/2/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes this particular copy is hardcover.by Jazzlynn4/30/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yesby organizinggrandma4/23/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I have paperback and my daughter has hardcoverby CJWokie1/24/2016Was this answer helpful? (0) (9)Was this answer helpful?
- can be bought both in paperback & hardcoverby Lodylou12/17/2015Was this answer helpful? (0) (9)Was this answer helpful?