The American Heiress
Customers also viewed these products
Check out these related products
- $26.61 List price $39.99Save $13.38
- $10.97 List price $18.00Save $7.03
- $12.50 List price $15.99Save $3.49
- $13.40 List price $16.00Save $2.60
- $14.96 List price $15.99Save $1.03
- $21.51 List price $27.99Save $6.48
- $9.29 Was $9.99Save $0.70
- $13.58 List price $15.99Save $2.41
- $21.23 List price $24.99Save $3.76
- $10.24 List price $15.99Save $5.75
- $17.32 List price $25.99Save $8.67
- $15.37 Was $16.99Save $1.62
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, St Martins Pr, 2012, ISBN13 9780312658663, ISBN10 0312658664
"Anyone suffering "Downton Abbey" withdrawal symptoms (who isn't?) will find an instant tonic in Daisy Goodwin's "The American Heiress." The story of Cora Cash, an American heiress in the 1890s who bags an English duke, this is a deliciously evocative first novel that lingers in the mind." "--Allison Pearson, New York Times "bestselling author of "I Don't Know How She Does It" and "I Think I Love You
"Be careful what you wish for. Traveling abroad with her mother at the turn of the twentieth century to seek a titled husband, beautiful, vivacious Cora Cash, whose family mansion in Newport dwarfs the Vanderbilts', suddenly finds herself Duchess of Wareham, married to Ivo, the most eligible bachelor in England. Nothing is quite as it seems, however: Ivo is withdrawn and secretive, and the English social scene is full of traps and betrayals. Money, Cora soon learns, cannot buy everything, as she must decide what is truly worth the price in her life and her marriage.
Witty, moving, and brilliantly entertaining, Cora's story marks the debut of a glorious storyteller who brings a fresh new spirit to the world of Edith Wharton and Henry James.
"For daughters of the new American billionaires of the 19th century, it was the ultimate deal: marriage to a cash-strapped British Aristocrat in return for a title and social status. But money didn't always buy them happiness." --Daisy Goodwin in "The Daily Mail""" "The American Heiress "was originally sold and distributed in the UK as "My Last Duchess"
|Number of Pages:||468|
|Publisher:||St Martins Pr|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.00 x 8.00 x 1.50 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $10.11 List price $17.00Save $6.89
- $6.51 List price $9.99Save $3.48
- $16.79 List price $27.99Save $11.20
- $9.47 List price $9.99Save $0.52
- $9.52 List price $15.99Save $6.47
- $7.43 Was $7.99Save $0.56
- $12.83 List price $28.00Save $15.17
- $9.51 List price $15.99Save $6.48
- $14.34 List price $25.00Save $10.66