Stargate (15th Anniversary Edition) (Extended Cut) (Blu-ray) (Widescreen)
Customers also considered
Check out these related products
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
When professor Daniel Jackson (James Spader) accepts a mysterious woman's offer to decode an ancient Egyptian artifact known only as the "Stargate", he unwittingly takes the first step in a sci-fi adventure that will decide the fate of an entire planet. Joined by Daniel is Colonel Jack O'Neil (Kurt Russell), a true soldier with nerves of steel and a tragic past, who is brought back to active duty to embark on the maiden voyage through the Stargate. Together, the men embark on a journey that will transport them to the other side of the universe, where an alien god (Jaye Davidson) holds sway over a distant, desert-covered planet...and will stop at nothing to prevent them from returning home.
Audio Commentary, Documentary, Featurettes, Gag Reel.
Seamless Branching of the Theatrical and Unrated Extended Cuts of the Feature Film; "Deciphering the Gate: Concepts and Casting"; "Opening the Gate: The Making of the Movie"; "Passing Through the Gate: The Legacy"; "Master of the Stargate" Interactive Trivia Challenge; "'Stargate' Ultimate Knowledge"; "Is There a Stargate?"; "The Making of 'Stargate'"; English and Spanish Subtitles.
|Actors:||Kurt Russell, James Spader, Jaye Davidson, Viveca Lindfors|
|Studio & Production Company:||Lionsgate|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- I think so. I couldn't get my first BD edition to play in my PS3 80% of the time and I remember the quality being poor. Poor quality did not stand out to me as I watched this one, so I'm assuming they fixed the quality issue with this edition. For $4.88, I figured I'd try my luck - so far, so good.by Joeagg3212/13/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Theres move added film, and its much clearer, and has a cleaner look, i'm a huge fan of everything stargate, and these special additions make the film really kool to watch, and you can see it 3 differant ways, thearter view, extra, and extra w/pip about how they made the movie.by Devildude1/18/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I don't have the original bluray, just the DVD, but quality varies between cuts. Some are nice bluray hidef, others are grainy. It looks like not all the source footage was available in high quality. I also noticed some dialogue was changed (in the standard cut) from what was in the DVD. Worth the $9 or so it cost me here, but not any more.by Virtual111/5/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I did not see the original DVD but I can assure you that this is a beautiful transfer. I know the dissapointment of a crummy transfer (Last of the Mohicans for example) but on a 110' screen with a HiDef projector, this couldn't be better.by Trimule5/3/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes it is actually, this transfer is excellent and looks so much betterby kingnez5/2/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, this is a new transfer and the PQ and SQ is excellent. Just read the reviews on @mazon. Best price is here on Walmart.by techhappy4/11/2012Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, it is the newest transfer from Lionsgate. It was released in 2009 verses their first releases of it in 2006. It is much better! Read other peoples reviews of this transfer and you'll see.by wahoonut3/11/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- blu-ray.com has it being a MPEG-4 AVC the other version has MPEG-2 here the site http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Stargate-Blu-ray/6569/ hope this helpsby camgates7/15/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also viewed these products
- $106.69 List price $199.99Save $93.30
- $12.49 List price $19.99Save $7.50
- from $7.00
- $74.96 List price $139.99Save $65.03
- Reduced Price$19.00 List price $39.00Save $20.00