Types of Pyrex to add to your kitchen
No matter what type of cooking you do in your kitchen, there���s a Pyrex style that���s suited to the dishes you prepare and serve to your family and guests. Making your favorite casserole to take to a potluck dinner? There���s also a Pyrex baking dish that���s just right to make it in and take with you.
Some Pyrex baking dishes also have pre-matched lids and carrying cases, so your food looks as great as it tastes when it is packed and ready to go. Making a cold dish instead of baking? Pyrex performs as well in the fridge as it does in the oven. It���s also useful for meal preparation and mixing up ingredients for dishes you���re preparing.
Pyrex bakeware options
While large Pyrex bakeware is great for making big batches of food to take to potlucks, it���s also available in smaller sizes. This is useful if you���re cooking for a smaller family, or preparing a variety of smaller batches of food for a meal that has several parts, such as a holiday dinner. There are also baking dishes small enough for individual servings. These smaller baking dishes are ideal for portion control and for planning meals. Pre-filled dishes ensure each guest gets a serving of dessert without overscooping.
Put a lid on it, or not
Another useful feature of Pyrex bakeware is that many of the bakeware dishes come with lids. A few styles also have carrying cases. The cases are useful when you take food to a gathering, but they���re also useful for moving pots of cool food from one area of your home to another, like from the kitchen to the dining room. Cases are also useful for storing these baking dishes between uses.
Pyrex for mixing and food preparation
While baking and serving food may be the first thing that comes to mind when the Pyrex brand is mentioned, this glassware has many applications beyond that. Mixing and preparing food is another way to use this type of glassware. There are mixing bowls, with or without lids, and measuring cups, also with or without lids, available in this Pyrex category.
- Consider choosing individual mixing bowls if you already have a set but just want a specific size, or if you only need one mixing bowl to meet your food preparation needs.
- Consider picking up a set of Pyrex bowls if you enjoy creating complex meals that consist of large assortment of ingredients.
- Measuring cups are also available in a variety of sizes to accommodate the way you cook.
- Look for cups marked in standard and metric. This is useful if you find a recipe from another country that looks tasty because you can make it as it���s written without taking time to convert the quantities to the form of measurement you typically use.
- Consider measuring cups that hold up to 8 cups for preparing large batches of food.
- Teaching little ones to cook? Measuring cups are available with lids that have integrated holes for pouring liquids without spilling.
Food storage in Pyrex
When you need a food storage solution that goes from the fridge to the oven, Pyrex food storage bowls provide that kind of functionality. To save time on busy work and school nights, mix up meals ahead of time and then pop them in the oven when it���s time to make dinner. If you have leftovers, slip the lid on your Pyrex dish and put it in the fridge to store. Pyrex can also be put in the freezer to store food, but it needs to cool off first if the food was baked in it.
If you���re looking for a way to encourage your family to eat healthy snacks, Pyrex food storage can help by making snacking on nutritious foods easier. Storing healthy snacks is a convenient way to use these dishes. Snacks, such as carrot sticks or cucumber slices, can be prepared ahead of time and stored in these dishes. The lids pop on and off easily, so kids can grab some tasty veggies or fruit slices after school instead of reaching for a high-fat, sodium-rich snack, such as a bag of fried chips.