- Sponsored ProductCurrent Price$4.47$4.47 - $10.96$10.962-day deliveryon orders $35+Free pickup today
- Sponsored ProductProduct TitleGhirardelli Caramel Premium Sauce, 17 Oz.Current Price$3.98$3.98 - $7.60$7.602-day deliveryon orders $35+Free pickup today
- Current Price$3.96$3.962-day deliveryon orders $35+
- Product Title(2 Pack) Pillsbury Best Bread Flour, 5-PoundCurrent Price$5.90$5.902-day deliveryon orders $35+
- Best SellerProduct TitleGreat Value Ground Black Pepper, 6 ozCurrent Price$5.98$5.98(99.7 ¢/oz)2-day deliveryon orders $35+Free pickup today
- Best SellerCurrent Price$3.84$3.84 - $17.89$17.89
- Best SellerProduct Title(2 Pack) Great Value Pure Cane Sugar, 4 lbCurrent Price$4.58$4.582-day deliveryon orders $35+
- Best SellerCurrent Price$8.88$8.88 - $10.95$10.952-day deliveryon orders $35+
- Best SellerProduct Title(2 Pack) Great Value Vegetable Oil, 48 fl ozCurrent Price$4.00$4.002-day deliveryon orders $35+
- Best SellerProduct TitleMcCormick All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract, 1 fl ozCurrent Price$4.58$4.58($4.58/fl oz)Pickup OnlyFree pickup today
If you enjoy homemade baked goods, like breads, cakes, pies, tarts and snacks-cookies-chips/cookies/976759_976787_1001391'>cookies, it's worth keeping certain staple ingredients on hand. Having the basics available will let you whip up many treats on a moment's notice, without a trip to the store. And when you want to make something special, just pick up a few extras — there won't be any need for a long shopping list.
Most baked recipes call for some type of flour, which has a long shelf life and is easy to stock up on. For breads and certain pastries, you'll also need yeast. For most other baked goods — including cakes, cookies and muffins — you'll need Baking Powder or baking soda. Sugar, salt, cocoa, chocolate chips and common spices and extracts, such as cinnamon and vanilla, are also worth keeping on hand.
Most recipes for baked goods call for some kind of oil or shortening. Depending on what you bake, a mildly flavored liquid oil, such as vegetable or canola oil, and a solid or semisolid option, such as coconut oil, vegetable shortening or lard, can be very versatile.
If you don't bake often, it may not be worth stocking up on so many ingredients. Instead, keep a few baking mixes on hand for your favorite pastries or desserts.
At Walmart, you'll always find Every Day Low Prices on a wide variety of baking supplies.