The Tex-Mex Cookbook: A History in Recipes and Photos
Customers also viewed these products
- $13.82 List price $17.95Save $4.13
- $13.61 Was $18.96Save $5.35
- $10.44 List price $16.99Save $6.55
- $15.60 Was $18.32Save $2.72
- $16.75 List price $29.95Save $13.20
Check out these related products
- $12.83 List price $16.99Save $4.16
- $18.54 List price $21.99Save $3.45
- $37.24 Was $40.00Save $2.76
- $17.72 List price $24.00Save $6.28
- $21.87 Was $29.75Save $7.88
- $19.30 Was $21.82Save $2.52
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
An all-in-one resource on Tex-Mex cuisine includes recipes for a range of taco, enchilada, chili, and other regional favorites, in a volume complemented by archival photographs, local stories, and a history of the Tex-Mex culture. Original.
Join Texas food writer Robb Walsh on a grand tour complete with larger-than-life characters, colorful yarns, rare archival photographs, and a savory assortment of crispy, crunchy Tex-Mex foods.
From the Mexican pioneers of the sixteenth century, who first brought horses and cattle to Texas, to the Spanish mission era when cumin and garlic were introduced, to the 1890s when the Chile Queens of San Antonio sold their peppery stews to gringos like O. Henry and Ambrose Bierce, and through the chili gravy, combination plates, crispy tacos, and frozen margaritas of the twentieth century, all the way to the nuevo fried oyster nachos and vegetarian chorizo of today, here is the history of Tex-Mex in more than 100 recipes and 150 photos.
Rolled, folded, and stacked enchiladas, old-fashioned puffy tacos, sizzling fajitas, truck-stop chili, frozen margaritas, Frito(TM) Pie, and much, much more, are all here in easy-to-follow recipes for home cooks.
The Tex-Mex Cookbook will delight chile heads, food history buffs, Mexican food fans, and anybody who has ever woken up in the middle of the night craving cheese enchiladas.
|Number of Pages:||267|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||7.50 x 9.25 x 0.75 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $14.48 Was $19.99Save $5.51
- $17.22 Was $18.83Save $1.61
- $11.78 List price $17.00Save $5.22
- $6.79 Was $7.15Save $0.36
- $14.69 List price $18.99Save $4.30
- $15.12 List price $16.95Save $1.83
- $13.87 List price $16.99Save $3.12