Make your vehicle shine like new with auto detailing products
One of the joys that many people take when they've purchased a new car, truck, SUV or other vehicle is pampering. Their new vehicle is something they're proud of, want to show off and want to keep looking like new as long as possible. Walmart has many auto detailing and car care products from which you can use to make your new vehicle maintain that dealer showroom shine, and give your older vehicle a much appreciated face lift. Whether you're looking for individual car care products or a complete kit, we have them available at low prices, every day, on everything.
The biggest part of maintaining your vehicle is keeping it clean and shiny. Although you can use dish soap to wash your vehicle, most manufacturers suggest that you use detergents that are specific for cleaning car finishes. These types of detergents not only protect your vehicle's finish but also help remove things like salt stains, brake dust and tree sap that ordinary soap may not be able to remove. For this, you need access to water, a bucket, sponge or rags, and towels for drying.
There are cleaning products that target specific parts of the vehicle, such as the tires, glass and chrome.
- Glass cleaners often allow you to give your auto glass rain-repelling capabilities, which helps when driving in a rainstorm.
- Tire cleaners not only make your vehicle's tires shine, but help them last longer as well.
- Use a scrub brush for cleaning the tires and shop rags for the parts of the vehicle.
Car waxes and polishes take many forms. There are spray polishes that you can simply wipe off with a rag or rubbing compounds and paste waxes that require buffing, either by hand or with an electric buffer. Some waxes and polishes can help restore the shine to an older vehicle that has lost its luster.
Once the outside of the vehicle is clean and shiny, it's then time to tackle the inside. The focus here is keeping the floor and upholstery clean and debris-free, making sure that the dash shines and is protected against direct sunlight, and keeping the interior glass and mirrors clean.
- The first step is to vacuum the inside of the vehicle completely or at least use a whisk broom to clean the floor surfaces.
- If the floor mats are dirty, you can use dish soap or the same soap you use to wash the vehicle to get them clean. A scrub brush and bucket is handy for this job.
- If you have carpeting underneath where your car mats go, and there are stains, use a carpet cleaner to remove them choose cleaners made specifically for vehicle carpeting for easiest and best results.
- For cloth upholstery, select spray cleaners to use to clean and keep it smelling fresh.
- If you have vinyl or leather upholstery, use a cleanser specifically meant for those materials. Consider using leather conditioner to protect your upholstery against the heat that can build up inside a vehicle and the damage that direct sunlight can do.
- The same glass cleaner you use on the outside of the vehicle is generally the same one you use for the inside.
- These cleaners and conditioners can be applied and wiped away with rags.
Car detailing kits and accessories
If you want to simplify your shopping list, select one of our car care kits. These kits come complete with products that you can wash your vehicle with, wax the exterior, clean and brighten the tires and clean and protect the interior. More detailed kits not only have the cleansers and wax, but also include compound, polish, quick detailer (for use when you just want to touch something up quickly), glass cleaner, wash mitt, drying towels, foam applicators and other supplies. There are also kits that just have the towels, sponges and applicators. Microfiber is the fabric of choice here.
Other trouble areas that you may want to tackle include the headlights and the finish.
- If you have cloudy or yellowing headlight covers, we have lens restorer kits that make them look like new.
- If you have scratches in your vehicle's finish, there are scratch fillers and removers that you can use to remove these blemishes.
- If you want to create the kind of water pressure that you see at a car wash, you may want to add a pressure washer to your arsenal, complete with special QC nozzle to deliver that wand-like spray.