- Product Variants SelectorProduct TitleCAP Fitness 3mm Yoga Mat, Multiple ColorsCurrent Price$6.99$6.99List List Price$12.99$12.992-day deliveryon orders $35+
- Product Variants SelectorCurrent Price$14.99$14.99Free delivery on orders over $35Free pickup
- Reduced PriceSponsored productCurrent Price$131.99$131.99List List Price$299.99$299.99Sold & shipped by CostwayFree delivery
- RollbackProduct Variants SelectorCurrent Price$10.99$10.99List Price$19.71$19.71Free delivery on orders over $35Free pickup
- Reduced PriceProduct Variants SelectorSponsored productCurrent Price$99.99$99.99 - $101.99$101.99Sold & shipped by CostwayFree delivery
- RollbackProduct TitleLotus 5mm Reversible Yoga MatCurrent Price$9.97$9.97List Price$14.84$14.84Free delivery on orders over $35Free pickup
- RollbackProduct Variants SelectorCurrent Price$8.99$8.99List Price$14.99$14.99Free delivery on orders over $35Free pickup
- Product Variants SelectorCurrent Price$12.99$12.992-day deliveryon orders $35+Free pickup
- Product TitleEvolve Fit 6mm Yoga MatCurrent Price$19.94$19.94NextDay eligibleon orders $35+Free pickup today
- Current Price$13.99$13.99List Price$18.99$18.99Free delivery on orders over $35Free pickup
A yoga mat is an important accessory if you'll be practicing yoga or meditating on a wooden floor or any hard or slippery surface. Yoga mats are typically thin and have a textured surface or a sticky non-slip side to prevent sliding and can make stretching more comfortable.
When shopping for a yoga mat, a few factors to consider are material and thickness. Most mats are made from polyvinyl chloride, or PVC, making them easy to clean. Other popular materials are high-density foam, natural or recycled rubber, environmentally-friendly cork and jute. Thinner mats are ideal for balance, while thicker mats provide more cushioning, which may be more comfortable for seated or kneeling poses. Standard yoga mats are about 1/8 inch (3 mm) thick, which works for most practitioners or beginner yogis. If you practice Hatha yoga and feel that you need more cushioning while holding poses, you may want to try a 1/4 inch (6 mm) or 1/2 inch (12 mm) thick mat. If you're looking to travel with your yoga mat, you may want one that's thinner. Travel yoga mats are often around 1/16 inch (1.5 mm) thick. If you'll be carrying your mat with you to a yoga class, consider getting a carrying strap or yoga bag. Some yoga bags are designed to be simple and compact, while others have pockets and other compartments for keys, cell phones, water bottles, yoga towels and other items.
Another factor to consider is length. Your yoga mat should be at least six inches longer than your height. If you're more than 6 feet tall, look for an extra-long yoga mat. In addition to a wide variety of lengths and thicknesses, you can also find mats in an assortment of patterns, colors and designs. Some are also reversible, so you can mix it up depending on your mood.
At Walmart, you'll find a great selection of yoga mats and bags as well as other yoga and Pilates equipment, all at Every Day Low Prices.