- Best SellerProduct TitleReliOn Prime Blood Glucose Monitoring System, RedCurrent Price$9.00$9.00List Price$16.98$16.98FSA and HSA eligible2-day deliveryon orders $35+Free pickup today
- Best SellerCurrent Price$19.97$19.97Pickup OnlyFree pickup today
- Current Price$9.00$9.002-day deliveryon orders $35+Free pickup today
- Best SellerProduct TitleFreeStyle Lite Blood Glucose MonitorCurrent Price$23.92$23.92FSA and HSA eligibleSold & shipped by Pharmapacks
- Best SellerCurrent Price$32.77$32.77FSA and HSA eligibleSold & shipped by The Online DrugstoreFree delivery
- Best SellerCurrent Price$23.61$23.61FSA and HSA eligibleSold & shipped by The Online Drugstore
- Best SellerCurrent Price$39.99$39.99 - $59.99$59.99Sold & shipped by OTC Outlet Inc.Free delivery
- Best SellerProduct TitleDario - Blood Glucose Test Strips (100-Pack) - BlackCurrent Price$22.99$22.99 - $39.99$39.99FSA and HSA eligibleSold & shipped by Dario Health CorpFree delivery
- Best SellerProduct TitleFreeStyle Blood Glucose Monitoring System, 2 CountCurrent Price$9.99$9.99FSA and HSA eligibleSold & shipped by The Online DrugstoreFree delivery
- Best SellerCurrent Price$24.35$24.35FSA and HSA eligibleSold & shipped by Simply MedicalFree delivery
Blood Glucose Monitors
Blood glucose monitors, also known as diabetes monitors and blood glucose meters, are used to monitor blood sugar levels (glucose is a kind of sugar). If you have diabetes, it's extremely important to keep track of your blood sugar level to avoid conditions like hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). At Walmart.com, you'll find an assortment of blood glucose monitors to suit your needs, lifestyle and budget.
How do blood glucose monitors work?
The most common blood glucose monitors use test strips to measure glucose levels. With these types of monitors, you insert a test strip into the device and prick your fingertip with a type of needle called a lancet to draw a drop of blood. When you apply the blood to the test strip, the device will display your blood glucose level.
What can cause my blood glucose level to change?
Food, stress, exercise, medications and other factors can all cause changes in your blood glucose level. Hypoglycemia occurs when your blood glucose level is very low and can cause an irregular heart rhythm, fatigue, anxiety, sweating and other symptoms.
Luckily, modern blood glucose monitors make it easy to keep track of your blood glucose level, and many monitors include total, pre-meal and post-meal test averaging for all the data you need. Some can even make provide test results on your smartphone using a complementary app so you don't have to use paper logbooks. Look for a blood glucose monitor that's easy to use, comfortable and that fits your budget.