Very Pleasantly Surprised -- Moultrie Camera Tripo
Customer review by kdaAZ
My Moultrie Game Camera Tripod Mount arrived today and I was blown away. I was not expecting something this well made and this well thought out.
1. The top of the tripod has a built in leveling bubble. Was not expecting that nicety.
2. Feet on the end of each tripod leg have both holes and a nice flange so you can either spike the legs in place or use stones or bricks on the flanges (or both) to help hold the legs to the ground so the camera and tripod is not likely to blow over.
3. Center column has a hook on the bottom where one can hang a bag of sand or other weight to hold tripod to the ground and in place.
4. Each leg has two extension mechanisms and the center column has a decent elevator mechanism so it adjusts over a very nice range of heights. Should meet any reasonable need.
5. The ball head mechanism, while not Manfroto quality, is way better than I expected and will be quite adequate for trail camera use.
6. The metal L shaped frame to which you actually mount the camera is heavy steel with a solid tripod screw receptacle. And it has lots of holes for attaching any trail camera plus it comes with two quality bungee straps for quick attachment.
For $50, there is absolutely nothing about this camera mount that I dislike or can quibble about. Just a very nice surprise.
Finally, Walmart shipped it to my home for a very minor additional fee and it came quickly.
I actually had no thought about coming back and writing a review until I had the unit unpacked and realized what a great bargain this was. I wanted to let others know.
Was this review helpful?
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.
Would recommend to a friend?
Age:65 or older
Ownership:1 week or less
Usage:Every few days