Brute 22” self-propelled mower
Review/reason for return
1. The only redeeming qualities for this mower is that it starts first pull every time with ease, performs well on straight back and forth mowing in an open area (although it is very slow), and looks nice.
2. When not using the self-propelled feature to mow around landscaped areas, the mower lives up to the name, Brute. It is very difficult to maneuver without the self-propelled feature engaged.
3. The mower is too tall and does not trim around landscaped areas very well increasing the need for additional weed-eating. The engine sits at 20” compared to my old mower which sits at 16” when set at the same cut-height position.
4. The bagger is a nightmare. Although it really is “dust- free”, it does not matter when the manufacture decided to have 2 holes in the bag. As soon as you release the band to dump the clippings, all the dirt goes right in your face. Also, it is very difficult to empty the bag. When my normal procedure is to simply empty the bag into the bed of my truck while standing on the ground, with this bag it was necessary to climb into the bed of the truck each time the bag had to be emptied. Very poor design.
5. The self-propelled feature works well however it is extremely slow and shifting the lever is awkward. Mowing time was increased greatly compared to my old mower.
6. Fuel capacity must either be very low, or the mower is a fuel hog. Frequent refueling is necessary.
Was this review helpful? (0) (0)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.