I waited to write a review of this bike until I’d had it for a while. I am writing this at day 100 of ownership. I was riding this bike everyday for a month, then went out of the country for a month, then came back and started riding it again everyday. So basically, 2 months of moderate to heavy use. On some days I would ride it for well over an hour. I am 5’7”, 162 lbs. During the first month, I was prepared to write a glowing review of the bike. I thought it was a great value at the time. Other than a rock hard seat that will rub you raw after a while, and having to buy the adapter separately, it performed well during that time and I had no complaints However, I didn’t want to be one of those people that review it after a day, or a week of ownership. In order to review a product, you have to use it for a while. First the good: 1. At first, it was quiet.
2. The panel display and lip is perfect for setting a 15.4 in laptop on it.
3. It’s compact so you can roll it to the side in the living room. The bad:
1. It is not durable. It begins to shake, rattle, and roll after about 2 months of normal use.
2. The mp3 player sound hookup is useless. I can’t believe anyone would actually use that.
3. The seat is unbelievable hard and has an inexplicable rough piece of material down the middle of it. Trust me, it will rub you raw after a while. Let me elaborate. As stated, for the first month of use, it was quiet and I was satisified. If I had written a review at that time, I would have probably given it 4 stars and recommended it. However, after a couple of months of use, it just doesn’t hold up. Aside from the hard seat (which I finally bought a gel seat to sit on top of the bike seat), it’s the actual mechanical part of the bike that is the worst part. It is simply failing after 2 ½ months. Whether it’s the bearings or the actual magnets, it starts making groaning noises after a while. In fact, it sounds like a helicopter coming in for a landing.. And the frustrating part is that I read many of the reviews on this site before I bought this bike. It has a very favorable star rating. However, if you look closely, many of the reviews were written shortly after they bought the bike, most only a week or two after purchase. That is simply not enough time to evaluate this bike. I noticed that at the time I was reading through them, however, I determined that for the money, if I could just get a year’s use out of it, using it every day, I would have gotten my money’s worth. Obviously, that isn’t going to happen. I’ll be lucky to make it to 6 months and that is assuming it doesn’t get any louder with the knocking and grinding. Summary I wanted this to work out. I have owned the Gold’s Gym workout and squat bench that Walmart sells for 3 years now and I have been very satisfied with it. I was very satisfied with this bike the first month (as many of these reviews state). However, it is just not durable enough to last more than a few months due to the parts they use apparently. Yes, I’m sure there are exceptions, but I would be curious to know exactly how much time that person actually used the bike. If you plan on using this bike everyday using the moderate to heavy programs on the console panel, I can almost guarantee you that this bike is not going to make it past 6 months, more likely 3.
Was this review helpful? (88) (2)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.