I purchased this phone to use in my home office as it had all the features I was looking for: mainly, it is one of very few DECT 6.0 phones that have a headset jack, and backlit buttons.
1. Great Volume Control on earpiece… This is one of the loudest phones I’ve found.
2. Long Range… Sometimes I am outside the home office taking a break and this phone works(?) up to 900+ feet away from the base.
3. Features… It has a headset jack, which I need for conference calls, and backlit buttons, which make them very easy to see for early morning or late night calls. (Lots of other good features).
4. Looks really cool.
1. Terrible echo… There seems to always be an echo with this phone. Unless the line is muted, it causes an echo for all conference participants! People usually cannot understand me when I speak on this phone.
2. Earpiece does not turn off when using external headset via headset jack… I think this makes the echo problem even worse, although it echoes even when not using the headset.
3. Very short battery life… This phone can be charging on the base all weekend long, and then it will die after 2 ½ hours of talk time Monday morning. The cons outweigh the pros for me so I must replace this phone, and I would not recommend it to anyone else because of them. Unfortunately, I have had this phone for too long to return it, so I must buy a replacement.
This is not the first time Philips has disappointed me. They always seem to have the latest technology, but implement it terribly. I do not think I will buy the Philips brand again.
Was this review helpful? (0) (0)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.