Hello, Hello. Sign In
Please enter a valid city, state or zip code
24 reviews | 2.3 out of 5
I love the features of this phone and the way it looks, that is it! The batteries in the handsets are rechargeable "AAA", they last no longer than an hour, you have to keep the handsets on the chargers constantly and the phone goes dead in the middle of conversation.
I bought this about a month ago and so far have been very happy with it. I especially like the answering machine feature that allows you to play your messages from either of the handsets and you don't even have to have the handset to your ear. The sound quality is pretty good and I've been really happy with the range. It's hard to find an answering machine on a high-tech phone like this for under $80, especially considering you get the extra handset. The small size and style of the handsets and the base are a plus. I'm buying another one for our son.
Purchased the product yesterday, then came home and read the reviews and thought I made a mistake
Hooked up the phones, I hear no echo, audio is excellent. Phones are easy to use without instructions. Work well together no issues.
work as expected and presented.
This is my first Philips cordless phone after many years of being a devout Panasonic user. This is a fantastic phone - great features at a very reasonable price!
1. Good battery life (3 days standby so far with 2/3 battery still left; about 2.5 hours of talk time so far). I'm pretty sure that by replacing the supplied rechargeable 750 mAh batteries with 1000 mAh Duracells, I can get better battery life).
2. Great voice clarity.
3. Phenomenal range (you will be surprised how far this can go from the base station)
4. Nice shortcut keys (there is one to turn the ringer off - helps if your baby/toddler is asleep)
5. Can transfer the phonebook from one handset to the other.
6. Works flawlessly with VoIP based phone lines.
7. Message Indicator works very nicely (phone company provided voice mail)
1. Limited set of ring tones.
2. Can only assign unique ring tones to three groups of contacts, not individually to contacts.
3. Backlight can be too bright making the text difficult to read.
For about $70, it's a steal!
I love this phone. I use it in my home office where I have problems making cell calls and my other cordless phones don't work in here either. I was looking for the latest in technology hoping that the interference problems would be resolved. I have one phone in my bedroom and the main one in my office. My family and I LOVE THIS PHONE!!! It's great. My husband uses the alarm, it has ringtones you can choose from. You can use the phones to communicate with someone at the other end of the house and it tells you if it is an extension calling or an outside line. I have done conference calls using my handset speakerphone function and the person on the other end didn't even know we were using a cordless phone. My partner went out and bought one after visiting because he was so impressed.
I see that some people have had problems with battery life, I have not experienced that at all. Quite the contrary, my batteries last for days and usually I forget to put it back on the charger. The price is exceptional as well. I don't use the answering machine.
This phone is so handy and the range and sound quality are awesome! I love the alarm and all of the other features of this phone. It's like having a high-tech cell phone as your home phone!
Seems to work excellent. No interferance.
Great system at a fair price.
Don't understand the other complaints unless quality is variable on this. My phones work very nicely. Bad-
Display is alright, but could have better contrast. There is maybe a quarter second delay when pressing buttons though one gets used to it soon enough. Answering machine works well, but doesn't record time and date of calls. If you have Caller ID that will cover the issue mostly. Answering machine replaying messages on handsets remotely is convenient, but hidden a couple layers deep in a menu. Good-
Excellent sound quality on both ends rivaling a good corded phone. The several people I have talked to didn't know I was on a cordless unit when I asked them. Sound is good on my end also. Units have very good range. I haven't used them more than 350 feet away from base, but no lost signal that far. Battery life is very good. Haven't died on me yet though longest time between charging has been actual use of a bit over 4 hours conversation. I like that these use a couple of AAA NIMH batteries that will be easily and cheaply replaced if they wear out or could be replaced with some of a larger capacity. Finally, I have a strong 2.4 ghz router. This DEC 6 gets no interference at all even when only 18 inches from the router antenna. My previous phones needed to be at least 20 feet away not to be effected. This is a good phone especially for sound quality.
The Phone part of this product is great! However the answering machine part is very scratchy when playing back messages.
Loved the looks and all the features (speaker, backlit, etc). What I don't like: can't hear a message being recorded (screening); call volume is horrible (everytime you turn it up it resets with next call); can't see phone number calling (have to wait for it to scroll) or number left on call log. It looks so cool, wish it worked as well as it looks.
I purchased this phone to use in my home office as it had all the features I was looking for: mainly, it is one of very few DECT 6.0 phones that have a headset jack, and backlit buttons.
1. Great Volume Control on earpiece… This is one of the loudest phones I’ve found.
2. Long Range… Sometimes I am outside the home office taking a break and this phone works(?) up to 900+ feet away from the base.
3. Features… It has a headset jack, which I need for conference calls, and backlit buttons, which make them very easy to see for early morning or late night calls. (Lots of other good features).
4. Looks really cool.
1. Terrible echo… There seems to always be an echo with this phone. Unless the line is muted, it causes an echo for all conference participants! People usually cannot understand me when I speak on this phone.
2. Earpiece does not turn off when using external headset via headset jack… I think this makes the echo problem even worse, although it echoes even when not using the headset.
3. Very short battery life… This phone can be charging on the base all weekend long, and then it will die after 2 ½ hours of talk time Monday morning. The cons outweigh the pros for me so I must replace this phone, and I would not recommend it to anyone else because of them. Unfortunately, I have had this phone for too long to return it, so I must buy a replacement.
This is not the first time Philips has disappointed me. They always seem to have the latest technology, but implement it terribly. I do not think I will buy the Philips brand again.
I got his cause it really looked cool to me.
And It has a good name. Well I have only had it for a couple months and it is going NUTS on my already the buttons don't work half the time.
All of sudden it just hangs up.
I can't use the Flash when someone else is calling me. @ first I didn't have problems, but I didn't care for the features you have to press 3 buttons before you can view your Caller Id.
And deleting numbers you have to go through a routine just to do so.
Also the clip in back doesn't do any good cause it just not able to stay hooked on your pants or anything.
The battery dies within 24 hours and it had never fully charged. I am taking it back ASAP. Should have looked @ reviews before I got it.
I usually review what I'm buying but didn't this time because I happened to be in the store and knew we needed a new phone. I will regret that decision. This phone is terrible. The only features I like about it are the ring tones I can program for individual people. Very handy when in another room or feeding the baby and may not want to hurry to the phone just to find out it's a telemarketer. I also liked having lots of handsets and it uses AAA batteries.
-My second handset stopped working after 1 week
-Half the time it doesn't tell me who's calling even though I have caller ID
-It always says "searching"
-Many times it doesn't even ring. All of a sudden I'll hear the answering machine pick up and the phone didn't even ring.
-It's always dying
It's frustrating to have to take it back because with 2 very young children it's very hard to get out of the house.
Don't make my mistake!!! Don't buy this phone.
I had this phone for one week and returned it. It could charge all day and then you would receive one call and the battery was dead. Terrible reception too.
I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. I've had to take it back twice now, because the handsets short out, and don't charge like they are suppose to. I will never waste my money on another one like this.
We bought this phone yesterday, and charged it for 24 hours like they say to, and when I took it off to play with the battery died within 2 minutes...I HATE THIS PHONE!!!!
Phone looks cool, but does not meet expectations. :(
It did work well for about 2 weeks, then it ceased to function properly. I have had the phone for just over a month and neither the base nor the additional phone will hold the charge. I have changed the batteries 3 times in each phone, using different brands of batteries, but to no avail. The phone doesn't hold a charge and often cuts out in the middle of conversations!
On a positive note, the sound quality is great when it works. However, since the phone dies constantly, I don't get to hear much sound. Phone is going back this weekend. I would not recommend this phone.
These phones are very fuzzy and are a huge pain the batteries do not stay charged very long and they are very hard to figure out how to use
Although my previous cordless phones were working adequately, I decided to purchase this Philips cordless phone because of the DECT 6.0 increased range.
I've had the phones for about a month now, and I should have returned it 29 days ago. (Of course, my receipt is nowhere to be found....)
Some things I detest about this product:
- The battery life is haphazard and not very impressive.
- When dialing, there is a slight delay from pressing a button to hearing the audible sound confirming the number.
- The speakerphone function is the worst I've ever seen. It'll drop on you in mid-conversation leaving the other party saying "hello, are you still there?" until you switch it back over to normal operation.
Please take my advice and save yourself the heartache....DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE!
I bought this phone 6 days ago and within the first 2 days after setting it up.. I've decided it's going back! It has alot of static, not good volume, delay in answering after pressing the talk button during first call and call waiting and battery time is not very long. I don't recommend it for the $82.00 I paid for it. Will probably get the Uniden brand I had previous.