Hello. Sign In
Please enter a valid city, state or zip code
111 reviews | 3.5 out of 5
If you put this product together by the directions it will look awesome. There are some gaps but that is how it should look. I love it and it looks great in my daughters room.
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!!! My husband and I initially loved it and purchased it. After the chest came (LATE and with no notice e-mail) we put it together. It looks so cheesy and cheap...we wasted $215 and 3 hours putting this piece of junk together!
There are unsightly gaps on every straight line of this chest! YES we put it together correctly, and tried every way to fix the problems with no luck! The door is TOO SMALL for the chest!
Save your money, time, and energy!
I have no issue with this product it was easy to assemble and it goes well with the other product from the south shore line. I loved the end result I read alot of the comments prior to purchasing this product and I almost did not buy it but I can say that I do have a negative thing to say. I the product is assemble right you will not have any problems. I am still working on the completion on my nursery but I did add a few picture of the 3 south shore products I purchased
I would not recommend this to anyone! followed directions exactly, which were easy to follow, but the drawer has a huge gap, so it doesn't look closed as well as the door. totally looks cheap. also the paint chips off very easily. save your money and get a decent one that isn't made of particle board.
i super like this, it was easy to put it together..some say about the space between door/drawers but its not really a big of a deal...overall its really pretty, good price, you just have to be more creative to make the cabinet a lot more outstanding... :)
I WAS VERY SKEPTICAL WHEN I PURCHASED THIS ITEM, BECAUSE OF THE BAD REVIEW IT RECIEVED, BUT I WAS IMPRESSED. IT LOOKS BEATIFUL IN MY DAUGHTERS ROOM, AND WAS EASY TO ASSEMBLE.
It went together easy enough - though I maybe should let my husband answer that since I had nothing to do with the assembly :)
There are gaps where the drawers are and the top drawer doesn't seem to shut all the way but not noticable enough to return or stress on.
The MAJOR downside it it's HEIGTH!! It is true to measurement but MAN IT IS SHO SHORT!! I did not actually hold up a tape measure and now standing next to it - it only goes up to my armpit. Do not look at the picture and think it's tall - it's not. Thus 4 stars :O)
i don't know what everyone is complaining about. I love this chest! My husband helped me put it together and it looks just like the one in the picture :) it is just the right hight so i can put some things on top of it. the drawers and the door fit nicely. there is a small gap around he door, but the door is adjustable so you can move it over a bit. i don't think it looks bad at all. in fact it is a perfect piece for my soft yellow nursery :) the only thing i was disapointed in was that the tracks for the drawers are plastic. yet the drawers work fine.
I absolutely love the look of this armoire. My fiancé and I built it in about an hour and a half for our sons nursery. It doesn't have a wardrobe rack just shelves inside the door. We took out a couple shelves and put one in ourselves. Great for the price. Seems sturdy for what we are using it for. My only complaint is that because it shipped from NY and it wasn't packaged all that great it did have a few damaged pieces. It was really just a nick or ding here or there. Thankfully they were all in places that you can't see like the back. Other than that I LOVE it! Drawers work great, shelves are sturdy, door opens and closes easily and the gaps are even. I think it's perfect for a baby's room.
We received this product and had to assemble it ourselves. We put everything together and nothing lined up correctly. There are spaces between the drawers and the shelves. We got to the final step to put the door on and the bottom corner was cracked. It looks very cheap. It feels cheap. I would not recommend this to a friend!
I have never given a bad review, but you deserve to know what you are buying before you bother. First of all, it came in a box with a lot of pieces and very undetailed directions on how to put it together. It took 3-4 hours to assemble (both my husband and I as a team). There were probably 100 steps total because each step had multiple components within it. Second, it is such a cheap piece of furniture that the pieces don't even fit together snug. The door hinge broke, everything was so fragile. The door doesn't even shut all the way. It came with plenty of dings and scratches too. It's wobbly and very fragile. I don't think it would survive a move. We bought this for my daughter's room, and if she wasn't in love with it (she's 8 and loves everything) then we would be taking it back. I wouldn't be so upset if it only costed 100.00 or less. But, at 175.00 I thought it would be better quality. Very disappointed. I learned my lesson about buying South Shore furniture though.
Looked amazing online and I sadly made the mistake of not reading the bad reviews until my husband and I attempted to put it together. It's got so many pieces that it's just ridiculous. It's horribly cheap and flimsy and even comes with a hook to screw it into the wall so that it doesn't topple over on your child. Not something that I want in my child's nursery after reading that. The screws strip while screwing them in, the flimsy papery wood chips and breaks while putting it together and there are gaps in between the drawers because of how poorly it was constructed. The pieces don't even fit together properly if you put it together! Not to mention that we followed the directions exactly how they said. I would highly recommend you look elsewhere because this is not at all worth the amount of money you're paying. I'm honestly scared to open up the matching changing table for fear that it's as cheap and flimsy as this piece.
Before I even got to finish putting it together it broke!
I am very happy that I took a risk on this product. This was an easy assemble and looks wonderful. I very pleased with this wardrobe and I am going to order the other pieces to match. The drawers fit perfect along with the door fitting like a glove. The piece is shorter than I thought, but true to measurement. This piece is well worth the money.
If you have the right person to put it together it looks great. If I had to put it together it would not have come out right. As long as you square everything up right there should not be any gaps. I think it should have been atleast a little bit cheaper but if I bought it at a funiture dept store I would have spent a lot more money.It is great for a baby are a little kids room.
I purchase both this cabinet and the South Shore Savannah changing table. I got them together for under $300 total at the time. I actually bought them through Amazon for the same price as Walmart but I had gift certificates for Amazon from my employer so that is why I went with them. Definatley pay to have this delivered to your door because these suckers are heavy. Both units arrived on Jan 30th. I put both units together by myself. It was not hard and I LOVE the way this looks in my little girl’s room! Here are my observations:
* This thing is HEAVY in the box. I am a part time single mother (as in - my husband is gone on business for a month at a time) so lifting this up the stairs was out of the question. My UPS man backed up to the garage and put it inside out of the weather for me - but I had to have a neighbor help me take it up the stairs.
* It is well packaged for shipping. The packaging box is sturdy and it had extra 1 inch thick corrugated buffers glued on all corners and edges of the box plus it was plastic wrapped over the top of that. When I opened it - it had a 2 inch thick piece of foam cushioning at the top and bottom ends of the box to protect the wood laminate. The pieces were shrink wrapped together tightly to keep them from shifting and scratching each other. All the hardware was included inside in a separate cardboard box.
* The assembly went very smoothly. I took my time and read through all directions and laid everything out before I started so that I could make sure there was no damage prior to assembly. I put it together all by myself. I honestly don't understand some of the reviews that I have read that say that it is hard to assemble or that it is junky. The directions were very clear and concise. All the wooden (heavy quality pressboard) parts except the drawer bottoms were stamped in ink from the factory so you knew exactly which pieces they are referring to in the directions during assembly. The hardware is not all individually marked - but it was all there and easy enough to figure out what was what from the listed description and pictures. I took all the hardware pieces out before I assembled the unit and made sure which pieces were which. I even put them into individual condiment cups and set the cups out on a cookie tray so they wouldn’t tip and get lost in the carpet. This made it faster and easier during the install to grab exactly what I needed and set it on the floor with the piece in that particular step of the directions. Some people have also noted that the door has a wide gap on the one side. This is only the case if you do not properly adjust the hinges. This unit comes with quality adjustable hinges just like the ones on my kitchen cabinets.
* The only modification I would make to this unit would be to cut a hole in the backing to put a cord through for a clock or radio to sit on the shelves. I may replace the knobs with something a little fancy just to dress it up - but the ones it came with are perfectly fine. Other than those minor things - the unit was perfect for my needs. It is sturdy and heavy and I am glad I bought it. If your children are rough on furniture – this may not be the ideal thing for you. GO to a furniture store and pay for real wood with metal drawer glides. As for my kids - my 6 year old is still using the dresser I bought at a thrift shop for my oldest daughter and it looks as lovely as the day I repainted it 17 years ago so I’m sure this will last for my newest daughter for many years to come.
* The only complaint I have is a small one – the door is not as heavy as the rest of the unit. If it were, this unit would be perfect in my opinion.
In conclusion - I would highly recommend this unit to anyone on a budget like I am. I love both the changing table and this cabinet so much that I am going to purchase the dresser as soon as the budget allows.
My husband and I were looking for a dresser for our daughter. I didn't want to hang all of her things (onesies, etc.). We also did not want to spend a lot of money since there were a million other things we had to get for our first child! We wanted something that would last a few years. When I saw this dresser online I loved it!! And it was under $200!! We paid $193 with shipping to our home and taxes. It got here really fast! Less than a week. It did take some time to out together just because there are a lot of pieces (I mean it is a dresser). However, the instructions were simple. We had a few leftover parts. I'm hoping they are just extra lol. It is shorter than I would like but I knew that before ordering it. I'm 5'4 and it comes to around my shoulders. The drawers slide smoothly. You can make the shelves any height. It was a little dirty on some pieces from packing but it came right off when I wiped it with a rag. Also, when I was reading reviews on this product before purchasing, I noticed many people complaining about the gap in the door. Yes, there is a gap. You can tighten it and it will close the gap towards the drawers but there will just be a gap on the far side (by the hinges). To me this isn't a big deal, our dresser is turned at an angle so you can't see unless you look for it. The white is a bright white. It matches our storkcraft Carrara crib perfectly. I can't wait to order the matching changer!!
We received this for our baby nursery...Very good quality...Easy to put together! We love it!
We love this baby armoire!!! It is lovely, a great value, and it holds a ton. Takes 2 to put together but directions were not that difficult once we figured out the number/letter system.
Looks great. Yeah there's a ton of little screws and stuff, but again, for $160, steal!!