Hello, Hello. Sign In
Please enter a valid city, state or zip code
52 reviews | 4.6 out of 5
I have this in my home. Lastnite it started going off. I had never heard one go off before. I got my kids and pets out of the house and called the fire department. They arrived and found that my house was at 50% full of carbon monoxide where my water heater is at. The water heater was the source of the problem. If it was not for this alarm my children and I would not be here today. This alarm SAVED our lives. I am going to invest in one of these for each room of my house.
was a replacement for one that died. this one is a nice size. plugged into the bottom socket doesn't interfere with top socket.
The CO monitor is reasonably priced and is made by a well known company. I purchased one for each floor of the house including the basement
I bought this First Alert Model CO606 less than 6 months ago and the light went out and the batteries were not even lasting a day. I don't recommend this product to anybody. I also called them and there mailbox was full and they don't have a way to contact them thru email. I will be looking for another resource for Smoke or Carbon Monoxide Detectors.
Pros: Compact design. Cons: It is extremely difficult if not impossible to insert the 9V battery into this unit. The manufacturer's response was that they are aware of this problem and have re-designed the unit to accept three AA batteries (these work well). Just ensure that you get the new design unit with the AA batteries (this will be stated at the rear of the package). Other thoughts: This model does not have a digital display. Pressing buttons to 'Test" tells me nothing except that the alarm sounds at some pre-determined value or per some pre-programmed function which may or may not be related to CO levels. This means that consumers have to place their trust in what the manufacturer states. What would be the price of device malfunction or product design failure? The customer has no way to verify the device calibration. A continuous digital display in PPM of CO levels would be a step in the right direction. The unit that I purchased is going back to the store because there is no way I can install the 9V battery (newer models utilize AA batteries which are fine).
Although you must have a malfunction in a CO2 producing item to rate this product's ability to give warning, it is an absolutely needed item. The test alarm is piercing and loud. Only the drugged would sleep through it. If you use gas of any type, propane, natural, butane, you MUST have one of these. Please.
Great product and price point from Wally. I ordered it site to store, and it arrived in a few days. The instructions are expanded, so that you can get a complete understanding of how Co detectors work. It also comes with a 9V battery for the backup portion. Another feature that I liked was the fact that the plug is located near the top of the unit, so with it plugged into the bottom outlet, you still have the top outlet available.
I have bought these two detectors and so far they are working fine, A small price to pay for your life.
We had had one of these for years and it worked great. When trying to put the battery in this new one...we could not get it in. The design is poor! It will beep low battery every minute without the backup battery when plugged in! Returned it. Will look for one where the battery is more accessible.
With two little ones at home, we wanted something that was safe, and compact enough to keep on the bathroom counter! It doesn't make any noise, which is a plus!!! Plus it's batterie back up is nice!
Every home should have at least one carbon monoxide detector, and this one is an excellent choice as it comes from one of the top names in the business. For the money, I don't think there is a better detector available with the features this one has or I'd have bought it.
Easy to install, maintain
After hearing a few stories on the news about families being poisoned by Carbon Monoxide in their homes, I decided to get one of these for every floor. I like that this one simply plugs into a wall outlet and also has a battery backup. It's well worth the price for the piece of mind.
Ordered it over the internet picked it up at the store...was glad to see that a battery was included. Plugged it in tested it and good to go!!
I had to return it the next day bc the alarm kept beeping bc the battery never attached. So annoying. A review had said that the manufacturer fixed it by getting triple A batteries but the one sent to me had the old type of battery. Would never buy this product.
Best price for this carbon monoxide detector after shopping around and pricing the same
or similar product. Seems to be free of issues and easy to assemble and is working properly/
Good product, easy to install.
Nice looking CO detector. Simple to set up and use. Loved doing site-to-store again. I feel First Alert is one of the best in the industry and I fully trust their products.
I was seeing on the news all about people getting sick / die this year. My old one I have at home is 10 plus years old. Got to thinking it was time to replace or add to for safety measures. I don't get why it has battery back up since if I loose electricity my furnace shuts off. I guess its a added benefit. Im glad technology has been able to make these more affordable for families to buy.
Got it super fast, and was easy to just plug in. Seems to be working. So much easier than having to "install".