I was forced to replace a Hoover upright which was being held together with duct tape and I was dreading spending the money to do it.
When I saw this vacuum on an aisle endcap priced at $57 dollars and some change, I decided to take the risk.
The vacuum requires some assembly (three phillips head screws) to secure the upper portion to the base, but the system is light weight and the task is easily accomplished.
1. It IS noisy, and I say that living next to an airport!
2. It IS aggressive, although not self propelled, if the beater bar is too low it will want to walk away from you. I suspect this may result in rapid wear of the drive belt for the main beater bar.
3. It did an excellent job picking up dirt, dog and cat hair and leaves (I don't know if my vacuum is the oddball or the other reviewers, but it works well).
4. The suction powered hand tool worked well on mine, much better than on other vacuums I have used/owned, with similar tools. In fact the small beater bar spun like mad.
5. The filter is a three stage unit, a pleated hepa filter, covered by a dense foam filter and an outer casing with a fiber screen mesh to catch larger debris. It did need to be cleaned after the first use, I figured it was due to the fact my old vacuum was so broken down and the aggressive nature of this vacuum. While messy, it was an easy process and I like that the two outer stages protect the inner hepa filter, and that both the outer two stages can be rinsed out.
6. The worst I can say is that I am disappointed in the way the hose attachments do not fit together tightly and will occasionally come apart while being used.
Overall a nice vacuum for the price and for a small home or apartment I would think it would be hard to beat. It was a third of the price of my old vacuum and that was a nice surprise. So far as durability goes...I'll just have to wait and see.
Was this review helpful? (0) (0)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.