I bought this gate to replace our Evenflo Simple Effort Gate (which was 30 inches tall). We now need the extra height. Pros:
- About $20 cheaper than similar gates in this height.
- Full 41 inches height, placed on the floor. You can add a couple more inches if you mount it above the floor.
- Appears to be sturdy and decent quality.
- Very easy to set up (phillips screwdriver required).
- Taller than most baby gates, toddlers cannot climb over it.
- Older children can walk through without having to ask an adult to let them through. No sore or pinched finger trying to open it.
- Easy to remove the gate, - you do not need to unscrew the hardware if you want to remove the gate temporarily. Just as easy to put it back up. Cons:
- While it is a pressure mount gate, you still have to drive 4 small screws into your wall or door frame, otherwise the gate is unsafe and a small toddler can push or kick it out of its position.
- It is almost too easy to open - a 3 year old can open it, after watching a parent do it (I suggest, try not to let your toddler see you how to open it).
- The room door cannot be closed while gate is in position because the doorknob is in the way.
- While the extra height is great for the child, it is not so great when the parent wants to step over the gate with hands full.
- It requires 2 hands to open, which can be difficult while carrying a sleeping baby.
- The gate opening is 15 inches wide, it has not been a problem for us, but I imagine it might be an issue for heavier people. Overall a good buy and we decided to keep it. My perfect gate however would be the Evenflo Simple Effort Gate with remote control opener but in this height. If it becomes available, we are switching without a doubt.
Was this review helpful? (96) (3)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.