We've had this vacuum for about a year, and so far, I'm very happy with it. It's not perfect, but I'm very satisfied with the overall performance. Here's how the pro's and con's break down: PROS
1) POWER - at 12 amps, when the filters are clean and the main chamber isn't packed full, this vacuum has plenty of cleaning power for all our needs (2 adults, 1 9yr old, 2 cats, 2 hamsters, live near the beach). I haven't come across anything it can't handle.
2) ATTACHMENTS - the crevice cleaner, extension tubes and upholstery brush all work well, though it's key to not push down too hard with the upholstery brush, as suction is what keeps the brush spinning, and if you push down too hard, it stops.
3) CHORD - plenty long enough, doesn't seem to kink up easily.
4) ACCESSING FILTERS - It's easy to get to all the filters by way of the various openings provided. CONS
1) CLEANING FILTERS - There's nothing wrong with these filters, but cleaning them was a new experience for me. This is our first bag-less vacuum, and while I like the power and not having to buy bags, having to access and clean several filters is a bit annoying, especially if you don't have a 2nd vacuum with which to clean the filters. :) The filters are washable, and I do suggest washing them, when you have plenty of time to let them dry, because air cleaning the filters just fills the air around you with more dust than you can handle. I literally had an asthma attack when I made the mistake of air cleaning the filters on our porch on a calm day, with no wind to blow the dust away. I was surrounded by a huge cloud of dust. WASH them in water in a sink ... I've done that too, it works, and there's no mess. Just leave time for drying. If you don't want to mess with filter cleaning, get a bag model.
2) BRUSH "GRAB" - On some of our rugs, moving the vacuum in one direction is not easy. It seems that when the brush is working against the grain of the carpet, it grabs and makes moving difficult. Turning around and going the opposite direction makes the problem disappear. Also, adjusting the cleaning height a notch or two HIGHER than you think you need also seems to help. Overall, this vacuum keeps our bare, carpeted and rugged floors clean, and we're happy with it. I suspect that some of the folks complaining about cleaning power haven't discovered all the filters you need to clean. I had this problem too, until I read the guide and realized there were places to clean I hadn't found yet.
Was this review helpful? (61) (4)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.