Hello. Sign In
Please enter a valid city, state or zip code
56 reviews | 4.4 out of 5
I love this panini maker. It is big enough for 2 sandwiches which is a good fit for us. We were using one with a Teflon lining but we wanted to get away from the Teflon and this was a great alternative. We love it.
omg...this grill changed my life literally....befor this grill i would fry my mushrooms and pepper..now with this i ccan grill and make panininis at the same time....and i was lookin for one without the teflon coatin (for all those non stick lovers..teflon is classified as a carcinogen) ok so this one..is worth it!!! i am loving it so much
From the reviews posted I was confident that this grill would make a great Panini sandwich but I've been in search of one that could grill 1 or 2 hamburgers or chicken breasts. I debated between this one and the higher priced ceramic plate grill Walmart sells because this one didn't have the removable plates for cleaning but the one that did didn't have a heat control option, which to me was more important. So glad I chose this one. Before heating I brushed it lightly with olive oil on a paper towel to help prevent any sticking and within 8 min., at slightly below maximum heat, had a great burger that wasn't pink inside but was still tender and juicy. It also didn't smoke up the kitchen while in use like the last grill I bought and have since retired. As for cleanup it was amazingly quick and easy. Once the grill cooled the hamburger residue wiped right off with a dry paper towel which really surprised and impressed me. Just for safely sake I gave the grill a once over again with a soapy paper towel, rinsed with a wet paper towel and it looks like it did right out of the box. This little grill really exceeded my expectations in every way.
This is a great panini/sandwich maker. Easy to clean up, and does not have the yucky chemicals from Teflon coating. Thank you for such a great product!
This appliance is really a great buy. It makes sandwiches in moments.
I thought this would be a step-up from a Foreman, but it is not. Once this dies, I am going back to my cast iron grill pan.
1. Poor design does NOT flow the grease off of the food properly. The grill should slant-left due to where they built the grease drain (left front), but the grill has no leftward slant, so the grease builds up towards the front of the grill plate and can easily overflow in random places.
2. The ceramic nonstick starts to become sticky very quickly, no different than the white nonstick pans (read reviews of them, and they all perform poorly after a few months). Even a manufacturer of the ceramic coating says the nonstick properties do not last that long.
3. The top plate, like all of these grills, gets too hot in relation to the bottom plate -- because both plates have the same heating element. These geniuses do not realize that the heat from bottom plate RISES, causing the topside to get MUCH hotter than the bottom. All of the browning occurs from the top plate, meaning you have to flip the food. Proper design would have made the top plate have a much lower wattage heating element to account for the heat that rises from the bottom, thereby having an even heating of top vs bottom.
4. Overall cleanup is difficult; cleaning a pan is faster & easier. You must clean the grill plates while hot, which means your food starts to get cold, and you must hold the top plate with a towel to keep from burning your hand. Water gets everywhere on your table, which adds to the cleanup. Tossing your cast iron grill pan into the kitchen sink is just as easy & less messy.
5. Grill is too light and slides around on the table. The rubber feet popped out the first week and had to be glued in. At the same time, I took the effort to provide a slant towards the left so that the grease drains properly.
Overall, a poor design in my opinion. I am tired of these cheaply made, poorly designed, modern appliances. I will go back to the old fashioned way -- cast iron grill pan with cast iron weight. It is honestly just as easy & lasts a lifetime.
I wanted a maker that leaves grill marks on the sandwhiches and this does not. It takes to long to heat up and doesn't get hot enough for my liking. The light goes on and off while they are cooking and the instructions say that it is normal its just trying to regulate temp but if it would stay on then and be hotter then I would like it. I have been contemplating taking it back since it only gets warm and takes over 10 min to make a sandwhich with very light brown marks on it.Looks nice though.
I am very happy with this purchase of Oster DuraCeramic Panini Maker. It heats fast and makes perfect panini grilled sandwiches. The main thing is the ceramic surface which is non-stick and cleans very easily. I would certainly recommend it.
Great sandwich maker really like the ceramic burners brown so well !
For sure the sandwiches turn out well. Toasty outside, soft inside. Release the lid and it becomes a grill. My son uses it to fry scramble eggs. No oil needed. In my home cook opinion, the ceramic coat is much more smooth than Teflon.
Food cooks great. Food does not stick. I just love it. Highly recommend it. And best of all: NO TEFLON!
I had to order this sight unseen because our local WalMart's didn't carry them. I returned it to our store because it was much too small. I would only be able to grill one sandwich at a time. I can't see this size working for anyone but a single person. I don't know if it would be durable or not but it did have some chips in the porcelain on the outer edge.
THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT HAVE PLATES THAT CAN BE REMOVED FOR WASHING... THEY SAY TO JUST WIPE IT WITH A DAMP SPONGE ??? WOULD YOU DO THAT WITH YOUR DISHES. ??
RETURNING FOR REFUND...
Just wondering how long it will last.
you might want more out of your panini maker. But when one that has all you need why? small foot print super easy to clean surface. like to use to warm up leftover pizza nothing sticks. if you want to feed an inpatient group it will not be what you want. just right for two. and the price is right.
The booklet that comes with it is worthless. No tips ,pointers,sandwich ideas.
I have been working on getting the hang of cooking with it.
Appears very sturdy and well made and does a good job just kind of a trial and error though
I like the non stick ceramic coating but if the sandwich is thick it slides out if the top is pressed on and it holds small sandwich. So I rate it just good but there was none better for the price and I don't want Teflon.
Thank you so much for your review. Welcome to the Oster family. We hope you have fun with your new Panini maker!
I Really wish ratings were not asked for until you have had an item past it's warranty because granted you thought it was a nice item at the right price or you would not have purchased it but it takes time to see if it meets your expectations or is durable. At present I have no complaints and I have owned it for about 2 weeks.
I brought the Oster to take camping to be able to cook my own meals. While washing the Oster to get it ready to go camping, I noticed that the bottom Ceramic was cracked over the control knob. So I had to take it back to Walmart for my money back since my store did not carry the stove. I did not order another on line because it would of arrived after I had left to go camping. My Bourbonnais Walmart took it back even through I had order it on line.