Really wanted to give it more stars Pro's:
- Seems to be well built
- Instructions are exceptionally well written with clear photos and well organized parts. It was a snap to assemble Con's (in order of grievance):
- The scoring module requires batteries. I mean, really? The thing plugs into the wall, and yet it requires batteries to operate the score board? Lame.
- The scoring module turns on at random. We will be seated quietly in the room and all of a sudden you are greeted randomly by a loud scratchy voice announcing the play. I'm certain this will erode my battery life thus making me even more agitated that I've had to shell out several double A's for the joy of the random scratchy voice announcements.
- The scoring module is hard to use. There are two play options, but how you get to each option is difficult.
- The scoring module doesn't keep score well. It will miss points that are scored. It also flashes random numbers more than it shows you the score.
- The puck often times falls out of the trap onto the floor after a goal is scored.
- When I assembled the air fan, it didn’t connect snuggly to the table. I was worried about having enough air flow due to leaks around this connection, so I used caulk to seal it up.
- Even with the caulking, it seems like it needs just a tad more air flow. The puck will drag on occasional spots. But this isn’t noticeable much when in full play. Summary:
The scoring unit is beyond useless (I've removed the batteries from mine). If you don't mind keeping score manually, this is a pretty good unit. However, for the price, an automated scoring unit is important for the experience. I will probably keep the table, but if I would have known about these issues, I wouldn’t have purchased this unit.
Was this review helpful? (2) (0)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.