I have to say at first I was a bit put off since its a refurbished computer, but I always pull my computers completely apart on day 1 so that din't bother me. I was going to replace half of it anyway. I've had good experiences buying refurbished tech, it usually works perfectly for hundreds of dollars less. Anyway here is my review on product and experience. there's a few pros, and a few cons.
- computer is refurbished( previously owned)
- you don't get a cd copy of windows in case you need to re-install. ( but you do get a serial key )
- shipping was promised on certain date, came 2 days later.( not horrible, but if its promised I expect it that day)
- usb(wired) keyboard and mouse.
and my BIGGEST con! - when I plugged in the computer it worked, but when I installed my graphics card, it would not start. after hrs of troubleshooting and trying different hardware, I established that the pci-e on the motherboard was not working. ( you need this for high end graphics cards ) I couldn't wait for 2-3 weeks to return and receive a new one so I went to my local frys and purchased and replaced the motherboard spending an extra 60$
- after motherboard issue was taken care of, the computer is blazing fast!
- windows 8 although it takes some getting used to loads applications faster and runs smooth.
- price was 200$ less for same machine at bestbuy and frys.
- and my BIGGEST pro - after calling walmart.com ( not your local store, they cannot help if item is listed as "online only " ) I explained my issue with the computer. I told them it was broken, but I fixed it. how ever I wanted the broken piece replaced but could not wait and stop working for 2-3 weeks. the support lady simply asked how much I had spent to fix it, I said $60. she then said, ok I'll make an adjustment on your order and refund you $65.40. done! the adjustment has been made! I said thank you, you were really helpful, and I ended the 5 min call.
Over all is it worth it?
For me YES! but for someone less tech savvy, its a bit of a gamble. however walmart.com customer support is very friendly and helpful. Also I must add that if your order isn't " online only " you can just take it back to your local store and have it replaced so you don't have to ship it back and wait 2-3 weeks.
Was this review helpful?
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.