Hello. Sign In
Please enter a valid city, state or zip code
208 reviews | 4.4 out of 5
I had my own carpet cleaning business for years. A truck mount hot water extraction system. I had to give it up do to back problems. I purchased this cleaner at Walmart on rollback. I picked it up and assembled it in 5 minutes ( a child with a Phillips head screwdriver could do the same). Cleaned my first room in a half hour ,then went on to some traffic areas, and could not stop so I did a large recliner. I'm on a break now and will do a stair way next. Hand tool is great also. It's so easy even with a bad back I could handle it. I have never written a review before but I feel I am helping someone who needs some advice.. Buy this machine!!! I am just shy of 70 yrs old and can honestly say that I am not even remotely tired from using this machine. Good luck out there!!
I have only had this for a few weeks, but wow. 3 kids and a puppy still potty training made the carpet look terrible. Cleaned it one time and it looks new again. I bought this model for a few reasons... The number of brushes which work very well, the 3 year warranty and also because the soap goes into the clean water tank instead of having it's own reservior. My first carpet cleaner had a separate reservior and I had constant problems. The one thing I do recommend is using half of the soap it says to use, and I also went back over the carpet with just water after cleaning. Using the recommended amount of soap was extremely soapy and I felt better getting the soap back out of the carpet with water rather than leaving it. Going back over it with clean water also pulled even more dirt out of the carpet. I'm very pleased with this product, as long as it holds up I don't think I would've done any better with a different one.
Please, instruct people that cleaning solution should be put into a pump sprayer (spray area to be cleaned) let it sit for 5 - 10 min. (keeping the area damp), not saturated. Use Clear Water in the solution tank to extract up any cleaning solution. This will give the cleaning solution time to loosen dirt and not leave alot of residual cleaning solution. Rinse two or three times. If too much solution remains in the carpet, it is sticky and dirt will stick to it! Thank you!
The unit was easy to assemble and was just as easy to set up for use. My wife was doubtful it would remove a bad stain and the constant walk through area of a family of 5(3 boys) who are in and out. The Bissell Premier did such a good job my wife was impressed! I did not spot clean with a brush or other cleaner just went for it with the Premier. It did a great job with out any extra work. I did one spot with a brush and warm water and then went over it the premier and it was gone. Some tough spots may need a little elbow grease before using the Premier. Overall a good product I am going to try different cleaners to see which are best as I use the cleaner.
1. While this product IS very incredibly easy to assemble, the carpet cleaner is very cheaply made with the place to hold the hand tool being the most concerning. The holder is very thin and the hand tool, despite being fitted, still falls out during floor cleaning use. Within thirty minutes of use the hand cleaner tool fell to the floor three different times, once hitting my sandal clad foot.
2. While the company touts a water tank that is 25% bigger, they do not talk about how this makes the unit bulky and awkward. Filling the newer improved water tank halfway does not fix the problem. This unit is heavy to push and pull across the carpets. The unit is not very easy to move around because of the overall empty weight. There is no way I will be lugging this beast up any stairs.
3. The shape of the handle is too uncomfortable and at an unusual angle. My hand cramped and was sore. I had to stop cleaning every thirty minutes to rest. The handle is not rounded like most of their previous models.
4. There are less options on this model, compared to their other models in the past. You can only clean with the heat on (with their other models you could flip a switch.) The heat doesn't seem to get very hot at all. Plus, you can not toggle between the floor cleaning and hand cleaning option. The position of the handle determines whether the hand tools comes on or not. It kept sucking at my shirt whenever I bent over to shut the unit off.
5. You add cleaning solution directly in the water holding tank. I hate this because it now means I cannot do water only rinses without emptying and rinsing the water tank very thoroughly. This also means the customer will use more cleaner because you will have to toss out any unused solution to avoid damaging the seals and unit. Before the water tank was emptied and cleaned with each use and the small separate container could be saved for other uses. Other models would even let you switch between heavy and light soils to help preserve the cleaning fluid or tackle tough spots easily.
6. The on/off button is a push button instead of a switch. I had to repeatedly hit the button before the unit shut off. The placement of the button, midway down the unit, is also awkward. I had to keep twisting and bending over to use the on/off switch. It annoyed me-and I am short (5'2") so I can imagine that an even taller person would be much bothered by it.
7. The price is way too much for the options that it offers. (In the $190 range.) If one was looking at characteristics alone they could easily look to other brands still save $75 to $100 by purchase a small, mobile unit. Yes, they are basic models but honestly that is what you get with this unit in a full size model which makes it bulky.
I am definitely, 100%, returning this product back to the store. I am a mother of older school aged children and typically use carpet cleaners to scrub away muddy shoe prints, the occasional spilled glass of milk, or just a light cleaning for peace of mind. I have owned a variety of carpet shampooers for the past 13-14 years and this frankly is one of the most disappointing ones ever. I feel like I can say that because I have owned about five different models and typically clean my carpets every three to four weeks. I was told that this product is going to replace the Bissell Proheat x2 and can tell you without a doubt this is a very poor substitute. Even if this product was priced at $100 less, I still would be upset.
Bottom line is do NOT buy this model, even if you feel like you have no other option. Do. NOT. do it. You will definitely come to regret it even if you try to talk yourself into liking it.
I have had it for about two months and I have grown to truly hate this machine. The cleaning water in a flexible bladder inside the dirty water makes an otherwise great cleaning machine more trouble than it's worth. Unless you want to brush off your high school calculus skills your going to end up with extra cleaner when you are done. this means.....
1. You can never get all the dirty water out without spilling some of the cleaning water.
2. You can never fill the cleaning bag without getting water into the dirty water container
3. Since you can never really get the dirty water container clean without a huge process. You either have to put up with a machine cleans the floors but makes your house stink or spend about two minutes cleaning the vacuum for every one you spent cleaning the floor.
For a point of reference I have two small children and two dogs one of which is being house broken. So I use it about once every 3 days if not more.
My 5 year old son decided a Sunday night at 10:00pm was the best time to get sick all over his bedroom carpet. First thing I did was rake care of him then handed him off to my wife to go to Walmart and get a cleaner. This was the best they had in store so I bought it. Had a Hoover years ago and was not too impressed so I was skeptical but needed something at the same time. Turns out it works great. I am very impressed and by far outperforms the Hoover I used to own. Regardless, for cleaning up things like spills and kids getting sick........the $168 price tag is nothing compared to ruined expensive carpet remaking of vomit. Would buy again and would whole heatedly suggest to family and friends. 4 stars only because it only came with the one attachment rather than a few.
My husband and I purchased the Bissell Deep Clean Premier on Saturday 2/15/2014 because we have 2 children under the age of 7 and we needed to do some serious cleaning to the carpets! So as recommended we got the Pretreat spray and went over the marks and stains on the carpet because inside of the box they give you a pretty good sized bottle of pretreat and deep cleaning formula we also mixed in a tablespoon of Oxy Clean powder. We did the living room area first which is a high traffic area for us and it was amazing we didnt have to go back and forth over the same spot we could tell the difference immediately. The carpet dried very fast there was no funny wet smell in the house or anything like that it far exceeeded my expectations and we got it on sale so i was a little skeptical but im glad we made the investment!
easy to assemble,cleans EXCELLENTLY!!...I've rented and owned steam cleaners and this has been the best one yet.
I bought this when I saw it had a larger water tank. First of all it has no options but on and off. My old bissell had low and heavy traffic plus a rinse feature. This one you put the formula right in the clean water so you have left over cleaner on the carpet. Secondly the cleanser foams way to much. I used less then it states and it still foams up so much in the dirty tank that I had less then 1/4 of a tank filled but it thought it was full from the foam and cut off the suction. So a larger tank is useless! Will be returning for a better one. It's worth about half of the cost so I don't recommend it.
This cleaner is pretty incredible. I've used it on my carpets because my cats are messy little guys. It picked up the stains and dried pretty quickly. I'd highly recommend!
While I have only used it one time so far, I love how it really gets down deep into the carpet (even picking up the dog and cat hair the vacumn missed!) Dries quickly and has a larger tank than the others I've used.
Great cleaner. Removed stains that had sat for a couple weeks. The only issue I have is it is a little too powerful and will sometimes snag the carpet.
Thismachine surpassed all expectations for cleaning my carpets. It is a little heavier than the one I used before but the double brushes are worth it, It cleaned and fluffed up my carpet like new. I was simply amazed and tickled to death because I thought I would have to replace carpet soon. it is worth every penny and does the job. I love it
I bought this based on over 100 positive reviews and I am not disappointed. I can't tell you how great of a job it did. I was replacing a Hoover carpet cleaning machine in the same price range that went bad like everything else I have owned made by Hoover. Bissell's machine is far superior to anyone else's in this price range. Don't thing twice you will be amazed.
its a good machine but the instructions are misleading. It is instructed to fill the bag with hot water. when I did so the bag collapsed inside the tank and a hole was made therefore not containing the water.
The instructions should be warm water and not hot. Presently I have a brand new machine I cannot even use until I get a replacement bag
works much better than I thought a home owned carpet cleaner would.
I just bought the Bissell Deep Clean Premier 80R4 and I am sad to say I am not as impressed as I had hoped I would be. It has gotten some of the stains out of the carpet, but not all. It also does not dry the carpets as well as I thought it would. If you have at least 5 hours to wait for your carpets to dry, then I would recommend this product. I am also a little concerned that the soap is not getting rinsed out of the carpet, but I read another review saying to use less soap then what they say, and to go over it again with just clean water, so I will try that before I return it. I am planning on shampooing my living room which has the most stains, and if I remember, I will take before and after pictures and post them on another review.
Heat technology is not as good as my old Bissell ProHeat which actually steamed the carpets I felt the carpet and it was just warm. They don't make that old Bissell ProHeat model anymore; probably because users complained about it constantly needing repair which it did. That should have been my magical clue not to purchase Bissell anymore.
The water in the furniture attachment doesn't come out hot...at all. Isn't the water coming from the bladder which I just filled with hot tap water???
The unit sucks the water back up about as good as my other one. It's not going to make the carpet completely dry from sucking. Just make sure you pass the cleaner back and forth - without touching the spray handle- a few times. If you can't see the water coming into the unit, something's wrong.
Either way, I shouldn't complain too much. The water was dirty when I emptied the bladder. It didn't clean all the spots however like my old one did.
It's a little early to so a rating on this product. I have used it once to clean the carpet in our Den. General cleaning was okay, not outstanding. I found it to be very heavy and exhausting to use. Yes, I'm a Senior Citizen! It did leave the carpet pretty dry, so I liked that feature. I've been using an Oreck which was much less complicated to operate and clean up. But it had to be replaced and I decided to purchase a machine where I could find cleaning products easily.
I also found the clean-up to be difficult and I don't want to have to use a screwdriver to get parts of it clean.