I was very entertained by the gal who reviewed this and pointed out she doesn't eat off the floor. It was a great review, and decided me: I bought the mop. Is it perfect? Nope. Did I expect it to be? Nope. Does it do the job? Absolutely. Here's what I love about it:
* it was cheap
* it's lightweight, and hangs up where my brooms and dustmops and so on go. It may not work for you, so don't count on that, but the "thing" I hang my stuff from works for this.
* it's fast to heat up, and does the job quickly
* it works with tap water
* it's not only lightweight to hang up, but clearly lightweight to push around
* it gets the mud and dirt off the floor with very little effort on my part Here's what I don't love about it:
* holding down the "trigger" that releases the steam starts to hurt...the edges of the plastic could certainly be smoother
* the literature is not clear, and it may be much better to use bottled water, which would make it not free to use (I was trying to avoid having to purchase disposable pads and special cleaners, and wanted to use tap water--free water). I'm choosing to ignore the possibility, and if it shells out early because I'm using our hard water, then I'll just buy another, because it wasn't that expensive.
* it doesn't scrub spots as well as I'd hoped, and it didn't work any magic on areas of my new-ish grouted vinyl tile floor that still appear to be dirty from the installation. So, does that mean there's still dirt there that this isn't getting? Could be. Could also be that it's my imagination--the color of the floor is such that I could indeed be seeing a couple spots as dirt when those spots are in fact simply the color of tile. Does anyone else look at my floor right after I mop it, and tell me I missed a couple spots? Never. Bottom line, I've pulled this thing out every other day since I bought it a couple weeks ago, and in five minutes or less have the day's mud cleaned up (we have a dog, and get little muddy feet marks regularly). I'd buy this again, and recommend it to anyone who just wants an inexpensive way to get the floor cleaned up with little physical effort so they can go to the gym and get their exercise there! :-)
Was this review helpful? (4) (1)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.