I bought 2 of these. As some of the other reviews indicate, I was having lots of problems with backlashes. One review here pointed out that you need to set the internal break (this has dual brakes). once I set the internal break to 3 (of 6), It eliminated 99% of the backlashes, and the other 1% were caused by me being over confident. This is a 11 bearing reel. If you check around, you can't get any 11 bearing quantum reel for anywhere near the price of this combo. The rod has micro guides, which seem to help with the casting as well. I did lots of looking and walmart is the only place i was able to find this combo. I like it so much, that I ended up purchasing a couple more quantum reels with the dual break system. The rod seem pretty good as well, It is a Med Heavy and the reel is a fast retrieve. I use one for spinner baits and it is very accurate, the other I use for carolina rig, and it is working well. becuase I have had a hard time getting used to a baitcaster, i put cheap mono on one and PLine FlouroClear on the other (12 lb test) and I am having a great time fishing! NO MORE BACKLASHES!!!!!! I wish they had more in stock, I would def buy more!!
Was this review helpful? (2) (1)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.