I am typing a long review of this tv cuz i LOVE it. I am pretty critical person, so it may sound like there are a lot of negative things below, but i just want to highlight the things that didnt meet my expectations. If it is not mentioned, that means it met my needs. Notes: Netflix is APP based and not Web-based. To enable it, you must log into netflix online and submit access code given to you when setting the app up on the tv. Mine worked perfectly. Connection to FIOS wireless router was easy. Pros -
-Awesome 3d Picture and regular 2d
- Connecting multiple devices is easy. During setup, you select device type and brand and it tries several codes --> dont have to look up codes in a manual. I set up pioneer audio receiver, bluray player, xbox and wii. I had to improvise on the wii and xbox as there was no category for game consoles, and somehow using the pre-setup xbox brand device messed up the remote controls for using the tv.
- Excellent Value. Lots of perks. You cant find a SMART 3D TV with WIFI this size for less than 1500 for any other brands
- Black OPS 2 exceeded my expectations for 3D on this tv.
- Super THIN. This tv is 3 inches bigger (diagonally) than my last tv (52" lcd) yet the box was 1/3 the size (mostly in width)
- Lots of HDMI inputs. Be wary of other tvs that only have 2 HDMI ins. Unless you're still using VCRs, you will most likely need at least 3 HDMIs (Bluray,Cablebox,xbox, etc). Cons
- Does not convert 2d to 3d.
- VIA apps/menu a little slow. Not unbearable, just a pause between remote click to action on tv.
- Using mutliple devices is a little tricky to learn and there is nothing in the manual on how to control them. Once you turn on the tv and select input, the remote is setup to control the external device (ie bluray player), so you can use the alternate power button to turn on your device. However, i still havent found a way to turn on the audio receiver with the remote, even though all volume commands work perfectly with my receiver.
- Highly reflective. Even in dark room, i can almost use it as a mirror. Bright backgrounds also reflected with the tv on and part of tv was dark. Had to install curtains.
- QWERTY remote has small buttons, and you have to hold a shift key to use the numbers, it is almost impossible to type "1" since the shift and 1 key are too close together to get two fingers in there. Plus the slide-out keyboard feels like it will break after a month or two.
- Do NOT buy directly from VIZIO. They use cheap/unprofessional shipping services and do NOT reimburse for shipping charges on returns. I am out 100 for shipping plus 100 for re-stocking fee after i ordered a tv from them before i got this one from Walmart. Can't beat Walmart return policy, plus i got free shipping to my house.
Was this review helpful? (24) (1)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.