Well, this bike did arrive promptly from Walmart. After that the comedy or errors began.
1. The assembly instructions included were for a completely different bike...not even a tandem.
2. There were missing parts (missing retaining washers for the front tire and a missing washer for the rear handlebar clamp.
3. The front brake adjustment was off.
4. The bike is heavy....just know that...it is a steel frame but heavy.
5. The front reflector cracked off easily.
6. After the first ride, the front tire tube deflated.
7. Emails to Kent Bike customer service netted me a phone number to a rep who I could never get on the phone or return my calls. I filled out their form, gave them my model number, and uploaded my Waltmart receipt/invoice. They did send out a new reflector (wrong style), two retaining washers (didn't fit - for wrong bike), a new head washer, and a new tube (wrong size and style with long stem for diff bike).
8. Using this bike, the default gear setting caused poor and stiff shifting. Not good at all.
9. With two people peddling hard and using gears, this bike is exhausting when climbing any sort of hill. Don't expect to put mom or grandma on the back and cruise around where there are any hills. You wont have fun.
10. After my first week, my new tube on the front wheel flattened AGAIN. Don't know why. Rim or tire issue? Unknown. We have several other regular one-seater bikes, have ridden them all over for years, and have never had a flat. This bike? Two flat front tubes in a week.
While tandems are fun, you get what you pay for (a cheap and heavy tandem with poor customer service). If you want to have a good experience, don't buy this bike and spend a little more for something nicer.
Was this review helpful?
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.