This is my first adult bike. I am a 29 year old woman who is 5'10" and the reason I purchased this bike was because all of the reviews were really good. The only "bad" reviews were that it wasn't for the shorter women out there. That isn't a problem for me.
Here are some of the things I've noticed so far.
1. I rated "Ease of Set Up" poor because there is no way (In my opinion) that a newbie bike owner should be putting this together. I paid $50 for a bike shop to put it together to insure it was set up properly so I don't injure myself.
2. The ride is REALLY SMOOTH & the gears change very well
3. Downside: the framework of the frame isn't conducive to adding a water bottle holder. It doesn't really fit. I got a handle bar water bottle holder, no big deal.
4. Downside: the kickstand is WAY too short. The bike would fall over if you tried to use it. Not a deal breaker for me, I had the bike shop remove it, and I'll lean it up against the wall in my garage or hang it up on my peg board. May be a deal breaker for you. A new kickstand would be about $8.
5. I thought the seat would be more uncomfortable than it is. I'm impressed with the comfort factory seat.
6. Side note FYI- I forgot that getting a helmet would be something I'd have to purchase. Helmets are $40, $80, $120 depending on what you are looking for in a helmet. This was another additional cost I personally wasn't prepared for. I just wanted to buy a bike and ride it.
7. The staff at the bike shop who put my bike together seemed to be pretty impressed with the bike, and the amount I paid for it. They mentioned that it is a little heavier, but I wasn't buying the bike to race with, so speed/weight wasn't an important factor for me.
I definitely recommend this bike, but make sure you are fully aware of everything that is involved (so you can budget accordingly!) Enjoy!
Was this review helpful?
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.