Hello, Hello. Sign In
Please enter a valid city, state or zip code
36 reviews | 3.2 out of 5
Got as a baby shower gift. I just opened it to play with it as we're expecting our first child in a few weeks. What we liked...
- Night vision - We have the camera about 8 ft away from the crib and could see a doll in pitch black conditions. Very good night vision
- Easy to use menu - it's really easy. Easy is downplaying how easy it is.
- Lullabies - There are 3 to choose from. They're all pretty good.
- Monitor Feel - The monitor has a soft rubber feel to it. We're not sure what it is, but it feels nice
- Screen - The screen is nice and big
- Size - the monitor is small enough for my wife's small hands
- Nightlight - it's really neat and changes colours
- Camera - it's neat and seems to be versatile. What we didn't like...
- You can control the lullaby volume without accessing the menu, but you need to access the menu to change the song
- There is a video-off feature that is supposed to turn off the monitor screen, but it doesn't turn off, it just goes black. So it still gives off light in the dark. Unfortunately, if you turn off the monitor and are charging it, a bright battery charging screen is activated. You'll have to unplug it altogether.
- The camera can be moved to a variety of angles, but you can angle it down very much. We're going to need to put something small under it to angle it better for our crib views. Not a big deal though. OVERALL, we like it and are looking forward to when we have to use it.
This monitor is the 4th monitor we have tried. There does not seem to be a perfect baby video monitor on the market but this is the best monitor we have tried. We have only had it for a week, but we hope it lasts for years to come. Pros:
- Good price
- Great night vision picture
- Good range between monitor and camera
- You can mute the sound
- Good belt cip and stand on back of monitor
- It shows the time on the video screen
- You can control the contrast on the monitor screen so it's not too bright at night when you are sleeping.
- If you have additional cameras, you can view all 4 cameras at one time Cons:
- The talk button on the monitor is on the side, which it can be easily pushed. However, we have not accidently pushed it long enough to wake up our child.
- The temperature indicator tells you the temperature of the camera and not of the room. I think mine said 80 degrees when it was really only 70 degrees in the room. This would be a nice feature if it worked, but not that big of a deal.
- The sound clarity of the talk to baby feature or playing a lullaby is not very good. But we don't mind, because we don't use it. Overall, I would highly recommend this monitor if you are looking for a portable, simple monitor to watch your child.
I needed a monitor for my daughters room after her sleeping with me for 9 months. My husband did not want to spend the money on a video monitor but I wanted one for peace of mind. Since good quality sound monitors cost about $50 I thought this was a great deal. The camera was easy to set up and totally worth the money. The picture, both day and night is clear and there are awesome features that many other monitors don't have. After a few weeks of use there was a little static but it is not bad enough to return the monitor. It is only $100.
We decided to get a video monitor to check if our 13 month old was actually sleeping or just playing in his crib. We tried a couple (some more expensive monitors), but we decided to keep this one.
Unfortunately, the camara makes noises sometimes to the point that the indicator lights up.
We are replacing this one, has not been available/not in stock yet. Until then I disconect the power cord from the camera for few minutes and connected again, that works.
Pros: night light can be turn on/off remotely, temp indicator, night vision, screen size, clear image, add features.
Cons: need to navigate the menu to turn lights on/off, metalic sound when talking to baby.
Have not used the battery yet, so cannot comment.
I hope we can replace it soon. If not we may need to get a different brand.
This monitor is junk. We set this up for my toddler so he could be in his own bedroom. Before moving my son to his own room we experimented with the unit. When it was working it would have to be plugged in all night because it would not stay charged for long. When listening to the sound from the bedroom or when talking through the unit the sound was very distorted as well. The picture quality was not that great either. This would be a great cheaper unit if it had not come apart right after buying it and if the sound wasn’t so bad. We had our son in his bedroom for only a couple of nights when the video monitor stop charging all together. We didn’t return it because we had thrown the box away and misplaced the receipt. Since my husband is very handy he took it apart. The charging port on the interior of the monitor had come apart from the casing and was down inside the unit. On a brighter note this unit does have a great signal.
This monitor works great if you leave it plugged in only. First one we had stopped working after 3 months. I suspected battery ran out and it would never charge or come on again after that. Walmart exchanged it. Second one has lasted 2 months. I left it on the coffee table and the charge ran out. Should be able to plug in and charge regardless but no, it's dead just like the other one. Hoping that we can get store credit this time. So disappointed and frustrated. I do not recommend unless you always leave it plugged in.
I have been anti-baby moniter. I thought we live in such a small home it would not be hard to hear them kids or check on them when needed. We have three boys under 4. Little did I know the peace of mind it would be to see them at a moments notice while they are tucked in bed. I don't worry about checking covers or hearing funny noises. I know the temperature in their rooms and can reassure them I'll be right there after a bad dream. How did I go two babies without this?!
This video monitor is excellent. I bought this as a last resort because my video monitor died. I needed something that I could pick up the same day that wasn't going to break the bank. I decided to try this monitor because it was a good price and because one of my local Walmarts had it in stock. I'm glad I bought it. The range on this thing is unbelievable. I can take this outside pretty much anywhere on my property and still see a clear image of my little one. It's got a great picture and great sound and I like all of the menu options. It's very easy to use and such a great price.
I was very pleased with my purchase. I had a summer infant day and night monitor with my oldest that I thought I loved. Sometimes it would stop working out of no where after a year of use. My new monitor for this baby has so many great features and a much clearer display. It has great audio as well.
My only problem is that I bought it hoping to use the lullaby feature but since it comes out of the camera I couls not hear my baby cry over it. For the price though I feel like this is not a.deal breaker. I highly recommend this over any summer infant monitor.
It's the best we have acquired for the birth of our baby.
We bought this product as a gate open warning monitor for our garage. We have dual gates which open sideways. Current garage door open warning monitors have an up down movement sensor that will turn on a remote red light when open, but do not have image or sound capabilities. They do not detect sideway movement either. This system sets up in minutes. Signal strength is excellent even though we live in a reinforced concrete house. The price was just right, plus we got sound and temperature monitoring as a plus. We expect this product will give us years of dependable service, since it is designed to take care of our babies and quality must be good.
Not happy at all, about to return this replacement because it does exactly the same thing the first one did. Night Vision Goes in and out in complete darkness, where it is not supposed to do that. Also after prolonged use, the Camera Blanks out and requires you to unplug power and plug it back in.
Does not work as the demo would lead you to believe, and I really wanted this to work because the price was just right and now I know why. Cheap price equals cheap product.
This is our 3rd baby monitor. We've tried SONY and Summer Infant- so far I've found that price wise, this is the best video monitor out there. Would highly recommend.
We love this monitor, actually got one with more lullabies, but it's not availablle anymore here. The picture is crystal clear, you can talk to the baby , turn on music , and see the temperature in the room all on the hand held device. You don't even have to go in the babies room to disturb them. I really don't know what I'd do to improve this!
Its sturdy my toddler threw it down so many times and it still works, only prob the video button is now stuck as a result but that's okay, i just plug it out. Sometimes it actually has color. The portable handset batteries doesn't last for too long when you plug it out, as long as your near an outlet that's not a problem. Overall, I would definitely buy it again
i love this monitor , it lets me to be able to clean do laundry cook and clean with the video caption of my daughter. and its really nice since she is on a sleep apnea machine. it allows me to talk to her and play laluabys for her so she can go to sleep easier.
I really did some research one these. I purchased this for me as I will be the babysitter for my sons daughter. My first concern was security,this one is secure. Their were others that were not secure and could be picked up by others. (my brother has a cb radio and his neighbors conversations came over his cb all day). I like the 2 way intercom and being able to monitor the temp in the nursery. Overall, this one had all the features i was looking for at a reasonable price. there were many higher priced with the same features. Even talked my daughter in law into choosing this one on her registry as the first one she chose was not secure. This monitor has everything you need and you can also add more camers! Great monitor!
I got this as a baby shower gift and I really like it. It's nice to be able to look at the monitor and see my baby sleeping without going in his room and potientially waking him up.
i bought 2 sets of these because i wanted one camera in one of the kids room and the other in the babys room, and i wanted 1 of the parent's monitors in the living room and one in our bedroom so i can keep in eye on them in both rooms without bringing them back and fourth, don't get me wrong they are great cameras but i can't get both of the parent's monitors to go on the same channel so i can only use one monitor at the same time, bummer because i could have just bought one set of the camera and monitor and just bought an additional camera. wish i could use 2 of the parents monitors at once.
I bought it for my niece who is expecting in June... and she loves it.