I bought this microwave at my local Walmart store a couple of years ago. The microwave functioned for an entire year before the door latch stopped catching properly and it was problematic keeping the door from popping open when cooking. I lived with that issue till a month ago when, the catch gave way completely and the microwave door literally wouldn't stay closed at all, I had to hold the door closed in order to use the microwave. I don't cook in the microwave that often, so I decided to make due, until I could find a sale on a microwave. Well last night, while I was holding the door to heat a cup of water for tea, I smelled a nauseous odor coming from the microwave and I stopped it immediately and unplugged it. To my disbelief there was a hole burned completely through the bottom of the microwave, where the grill comes through the bottom. Now the microwave is out in my trash bin and I am shopping for another microwave, but, not an Emerson.
Was this review helpful? (4) (0)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.