I normally don't bother with reviews, but decided I would start. I would love to give this product and excellent rating, with 5 stars, but I can't. I do however feel this is a wonderful product, am not a bit sorry that I bought it. Bought it to replace a Waring Pro fryer. Will recommend it to my family and friends. That being said, let me tell you what I don't like. Cons:
1. This unit is NOT cool touch. In fact, it was quite warm to the touch and when I replace my counter tops will be sure and have something for it to sit on.
2. No timer. I wish that they had taken the time to build in a timer.
3. No temperature control. It is self regulating.
4. Directions tell you to load fryer basket outside of the unit. I don't much care for that as it is messy.
1. EASY to clean. The oil pan is separate and pulls out easy.
2. BIG fry basket. Larger capacity than any of the others I looked at, in that price range. In fact, the large basket is why I bought it. I did a whole batch of home made potato chips in on session.
3. Locking cover with a usable size window. Was nice to see, a little bit, how the color was coming on the chips.
4. Secure power cord. I don't know why all of the fryers have gone to magnetic type power cords, sure it is some safety reason, but this unit's cord stays in contact very well.
5. Odor filter. The unit has a little replaceable charcoal filter that cuts down on odors. I read a lot of reviews about several fryers before I bought this one. I didn't really need a new one, my Waring Pro is still working wonderfully. However, even though my old one had a bigger fryer basket than most. I was drawn to the big round basket of this unit, which holds a significant more amount of food, there fore I can usually get enough for my family out of one frying. Some of the reviews commented about the smell when they first used the unit. The owner's manual tells you to expect this. I heated it up, and there was a smell, from being new. But then after it came up to temperature I turned it off while I prepared the rest of the meal. When it was time to use it, I heated it back up and the smell was not there. I did have some oil spill over the first session, but that was my fault. I should have patted the potatoes dry first as they were a bit wet. And I did probably over load the basket a bit too. All in all, I am well pleased with the unit, with the price, and am glad I have it.
Was this review helpful? (95) (11)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.