I recently purchased the ZT Affinity 7166Ma Desktop PC because it contains everything that I require in a computer. I thought I was taking a huge risk when purchasing this PC because I had never heard of ZT Systems before and the price sounded too good to be true... I WAS WRONG. This computer is not only a great value, but it is also very high end in performance. Just today, I took a Windows Experience Index assessment for my computer and got these results: 7.3 - Processor AMD A8-3850 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 Core, 2900 MHz Max)
7.4 - Memory RAM 16.0 GB (4 X 4.0GB DIMMs, ??? Speed)
5.9 - Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6550D (512MB Dedicated, 8GB Total)
6.6 - Gaming Graphics 8186 MB Total Available Graphics Memory
5.9 - Primary Hard Disc 1863GB (2.0TB 5400 RPM Hard disc) The assessment is based on a rating system between 1.0 and 7.9 as of March 2012. Pros:
1. The processor and memory are top of the line according my computer experience and the assessment above.
2. The package includes a Hannspree 23" LCD Widescreen Monitor with integrated speakers and a Logitech Wireless Combo MK260 wireless keyboard and mouse. This is my first encounter with Hannspree but my monitor seems fine and I can't find any complaints about their products. Logitech is reputable and their products always work good.
3. The motherboard is a MSI Military Class II and the hard disc is a Seagate. Both of which are reputable companies. Personally, I think Seagate is the best HDD company out there.
4. The computer is quiet; when I first turned it on, I thought it was defective because it was so quiet.
5. The PC and monitor are both lightweight. Cons:
1. Integrated speakers in the monitor are low quality and for some reason unknown to me are situated on the back of the monitor instead of in front or on the sides. The sound can be heard but it is traveling away from you, which I honestly think is stupid. For those that want good sound quality, I'd recommend you buy a separate speaker system.
2. This computer doesn't come with a Windows 7 Recovery Disc nor does it have a built in Recovery system. It does however come with a Windows 7 Home Premium Installation Disc which can either reinstall or wipe the drive and install Windows 7 Home Premium, but it is outdated and after installation you will need to do a lot of Windows Update updates (took about 4 hours) including Service Pack 1 installation. The disc was tested and worked fine for me. The computer had little problems and the installation was fast (15 minutes).
3. The HDD (5400 RPM) could have been faster (7200 RPM is ideal) but it is still good as is. The same goes for the GPU (Graphics); it could have been better.
4. This might not necessarily be a con but there is no added software on the computer. It just has the Windows 7 Home Premium OS w/ Office and a Norton security trial version.
Note: There is NO photo editing (besides Paint) or 3D rendering software included. ----- I give it 5 stars because the monitor is large and really is great, the speakers can be easily and cheaply replaced, the installation disc worked despite it being a pain, and there is limited software so there is no clutter on the hard disc. I STRONGLY recommend the ZT Affinity 7166Ma Desktop PC or at least another ZT Affinity to all computer users.
Was this review helpful? (4) (1)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.