I'm always skeptical about buying anything without it having quality reviews. But, I desperately needed canisters & these were the only budget friendly option that fit my needs. (Considered the Mainstay gallon & 1/2 gallon canisters, didn't want the screw tops. Considered BH&G's Flip-Tite canisters, but the sizes just weren't convenient for my needs.)
1. Best price you can find for 5 canisters ranging from 15.9 cup to 4.4 cup capacity.
2. Convenient flip & snap tops for fast & easy access.
3. Bonus scoop measuring cups are a nice plus.
4. Convenient size ranges.
5. Love the 4.5" width & handles for easy lifting.
1. Hand wash only. (This may be a con for some people; I don't mind at all.)
2. I wish I could purchase an additional large contain without buying the whole set.
3. The gaskets that seal these canisters are pretty cheap. Therefore, if you need an air-tight seal, don't buy this set. It claims to be air-tight, but mine are definitely NOT air-tight. (These failed my "Cheetos freshness test.") This is the only reason I have given it a 4-star rating instead of 5.
Since they are not air-tight I have used them to store candies, mints, sugar, flour & teas. I don't trust them to keep cookies, cereal, or brown sugar fresh enough. (Although I have not tested these items. I only tested Cheetos which stale quickly when not sealed tightly and it was stale after 24 hours.)
In conclusion: I love them and they have helped improve the functionality of my pantry!
Was this review helpful?
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.