I already wrote a review for the FunTab blue color. I bought 3 of them (red, blue, and green) for my 3 kids (ages 8, 3, and 2) they all love the FunTab. It's been almost a month since I own them and all I could say, the more you play with it, the more fun you'll get.
- Android Mark *WORKS* I just found down last night that the Android Market App works just fine. The only trick was that, the first time you click on the app, make sure you have a mini memory card inserted into the slot. It will then ask you to register an account and voila! you'll be able to download more games from it. The version of the Android Market App pre-installed is very old (version 1.X) when there's already version 3.3 released. I downloaded the new version and tried to upgrade but unsuccessful. I think it's best to have a micro memory card always presented in the slot for each tablet you have to avoid unecessary issues with the markket apps and downloadings.
- SECURITY: If you use Amazon Market, you can have the option to set a PIN or password to make sure your kids not purchasing games without your knowledge. Use can set up a PIN for your tablet so only authorized user can log in.
- FREE GAMES: I used both Android Market App and Amazon Market App to download free games. My 8 years old son loves Gun Glory the most. I downloaded a very nice free educational game from ANdroid Market named Math Bubble for him as well. We all love Bubble Birds. Besides that, there're a lot of puzzle games for younger kids such as My First Puzzle: Tamgrams, My First Puzzle: Dinosaurs, My First Puzzle: Snakes, Ant Smasher, Ninja Crush Deluxe, and of course Angry Birds if you want though Angry Birds will be lagged (since my 8 yo loves Gun Glory and other games, he doesn't really care much about Angry Birds and my 2 other kids love the puzzle games and Bubble Birds so we're Angry Birds worry free). Bottom line, so much free games to get with this little money $100 tablet.
- SCREEN: Again, the more you play with the tablet, the more comfortable you'll get with the touch screen. The touch is much lighter if you can start to control your touch and drag things around. At first, it was kind of a little frustrated with the touch screen, but now, I handle the touch and drag well.
- BATTERY LIFE: Yes, battery life is not that optimal. If you watch a lot of videos on it, be prepared for the battery to last the most 3 hours. But if you just play games and check mail, write mail, etc. I think it could last up to 4 hours. I haven't spent time to fully test out the life of the battery, but I am ok with that since again... it's a $100 tablet. As long as the battery life is not running out after 2 hours in use. If you have kids bring the tablet in the car, I recommend to buy the bundle with the accessory kit for $12 you can get a lot of extras including a car charger. I didn't get that one so now I am kind of regret since it costs $19 if not sold as a bundle.
- COLORS: Red turns out to be the nicest color , then blue, then green. I don't have a pink one so I cannot speak for that color.
- READ EBOOKS: You can use Kindle to read the book. If you have books with other format like .epub, .pdf, download Alkido book reader. There's another free reader called Cool Read wich can support a wider ebook formats. I haven't tried to download and installed it yet, but I'll look into it later. For now, I am able to read books on this tablet as well... adds more to the fun thing I can do with this tablet.
- SURFING THE WEB: Slow but to me at an acceptable speed. You need to have a little bit of patience when you use the web. Again, I am ok with that for the price I paid.
My kids and myself (My little 2 yo daughter and I share one table, the 2 boys each have their own) all love the tablets. It the wisest purchase I made in terms of tablet. If I bought a high-end one, I can only afford one and probably will end up listen to all the screaming of the kids try to fight for that table. Now they each have one and the play so peaceful. My daughter dropped it once. It picked it up and there was no damage has caused to the tablet. Very sturdy and durable. Just take time and play with it, I am sure you'll like it more and more day after day.
Was this review helpful?
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.