We bought in store:
1. Assembly: Took my husband and I only a short while, followed directions and no issues. Holes are not pre-threaded so takes some power to get them in.
2. Sturdiness - we bought due to larger base and shock, it's quiet and I feel secure on it, which is a BIG plus!
3. Speeds and eleveation - pre-functions seem to run at higher rate (for beginning I'm using manual and will then feel can use functions), manual works great, suggest 2.5 or higher for smoother action, still walking speed. No issues with elevation.
4. Controls - Large and easy to hit on each side for manual elevation and speed. Manual increase/decrease of each seperate near bottom of console and easily accessible. Volume and other controls easy to see and operate.
5. Speakers - so far have had it used with Android Phone and Kindle, works well, sound loud and clear.
6. Storage - Base is realitely heavy, but easy enough to lift up and lock in, pull knob and it comes down slowly. It leans at angle, not straight upright, so takes up a little width, but is secure.
1. Weight: It's heavy, tipping on wheels to move is a bit cumbersome, but once tilted moves easy enough.
2. Security string - I swing arms when walk, hit it a couple times and it stops and lose all your info, time, distance, calories, ect. It doesn't just prompt for Resume, Stop button does, but if you pull out the little string start over.
3. Fan - not very useful, smells like new, plastic, blows to chest, louder, okay, but not worth using.
4. Power button - recommendations say to power off and unplug when not in use, however when you fold the base up it's hard to get to the power button at front right of base next to plug. Power off before storing base upright.
5. History - There is no where to put your weight/height, etc. Guess that is what the options of iFit and Nike are for. Not sure how it figures out my calories burned if doesn't know my weight/age, etc. but guess it does average.
6. Heart rate: Wouldn't rely on this feature. I got on today and it told me heart rate was 164, during work out it went DOWN to 130+, after I was done, was even lower. Have to read more in the instructions, probably better to just buy a small Heart Rate monitor extra. I've never really trusted these on treadmills.
iFit / google maps - ordered this extra module, arrives tomorrow, but have seen negative reviews of it for setup and use, but if setup seems to work well. When get / use will post another comment about how it flows with the extra module.
Nike + IPod: We don't intend to use this feature at this time.
Overall: This is a well priced machine that feels sturdy, we had ProForm before and lasted. If you are wanting a machine to get you moving this one will do it smoothly and for reasonable price. There is no magic button or buzzer to make you get on it, but if you do you won't want to stop with this machine.
Was this review helpful?
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.