This unit is an upgrade to a previous Holmes model and offers great capability at a very reasonable cost. The pros : 1. Snug locking filter with silicone coating around periphery of the hepa filter prevents air bypassing(very common in this price segment)
2. Powerful fan that moves a lot of air.
3. Sleek unit design that is built rather well and does not feel cheap.
4. 3 year manufacture guarantee.
5.Built in ionizer
6. 1 year between filter changes. Cons:
1. Fan is rather loud at lowest setting, certainly not "whisper quiet" ,I prefer the white noise when I sleep, gentle sleepers may take issue.
2. No fine mesh prefilter ( not a big issue at this price)
3. Carbon filters are thin, do not fully cover hepa filters and probably are not too effective. Overall an outstanding air purifier that really has no rival at this price point, it moves a large volume of air, has a built in ionizer, looks great and is built to a level that you do not typically see sub 100 dollar price range. Filters are readily available online at many retilers so you will not get gouged when they need to be replaced.
Was this review helpful? (16) (0)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.