Hello, Hello. Sign In
Please enter a valid city, state or zip code
4 reviews | 4.3 out of 5
This unit is an upgrade to a previous Holmes model and offers great capability at a very reasonable cost. The pros : 1. Snug locking filter with silicone coating around periphery of the hepa filter prevents air bypassing(very common in this price segment)
2. Powerful fan that moves a lot of air.
3. Sleek unit design that is built rather well and does not feel cheap.
4. 3 year manufacture guarantee.
5.Built in ionizer
6. 1 year between filter changes. Cons:
1. Fan is rather loud at lowest setting, certainly not "whisper quiet" ,I prefer the white noise when I sleep, gentle sleepers may take issue.
2. No fine mesh prefilter ( not a big issue at this price)
3. Carbon filters are thin, do not fully cover hepa filters and probably are not too effective. Overall an outstanding air purifier that really has no rival at this price point, it moves a large volume of air, has a built in ionizer, looks great and is built to a level that you do not typically see sub 100 dollar price range. Filters are readily available online at many retilers so you will not get gouged when they need to be replaced.
Bought this for my little girl to help her with her allergies. Put it in her bedroom. She says it is helping and she does seem to be less "stuffy" and no more cough in the morning. It is loud though. I can hear it downstairs when it is up in the bedroom running.
Does seem to work well. One day, sunlight was streaming into by bedroom and so I could see little dust particles everywhere in the air. I moved the unit from her room to mine temporarily and it did clear the air.
So, it's working but I wish it didn't make so much noise.
I purchased this item to help with dog odors especially on humid days. It seem to be working well. The air seem cleaner when I walk into the room. It works well for a med/lg size living room, anything bigger I don't think would be as effective. It is a little loud for a bedroom in my opinion. Im pleased with my purchase.
Was going to purchase the Holmes HAP726 unit because it was highly rated by Consumer Reports. Saw this model in stores for the same price. It was a no-brainer to go with the updated model. Pros: For a sub-$100 air purifier you are not going to find one with more cleaning power for the money. The CADR is 193 for Smoke, 210 for Dust and 217 for Pollen which is much higher than anything else in this price range. When cranked on high speed (setting 3) you can really feel the fan pulling in a ton of air. Yes it's rather noisy because the fan it uses is much larger than those puny fans you see in tower units. Cons: The build quality is sub-par. Like the model before it, the chassis is made of very cheap, flimsy plastic. The first part to go will probably be the removable door that covers the filters. You have to use care when opening and closing the door, as the arms could easily snap off if not aligned properly. The carrying handle built into the rear is also flimsy. You can feel the plastic housing flex when trying to carry by handle. Bottom Line: As long as you don't care for looks, and are careful with opening and closing the door, you cannot beat the bang for your buck. The Clean Air Delivery Rate of this unit matches that of air purifiers retailing for twice as much. The Holmes HAP9726 is a simple no non-sense air purifier that does one thing but does it extremely well.