I am totally blown away and this is a WONDERFUL AND AMAZING TV!!! Here is why I think so:
A: Excellent picture (I think this is the same as a Samsung TV...because I have a very expensive Samsung 55" TV in my living room)...the remote control is almost identical and I think the picture on this Viore is very near the quality of my Samsung. Plus I have read that companies actually buy the same 'insides' from the manfacturer and just add their own outer cases. I really believe that this IS a cheaper version of a Samsung.
B: The sound is actually great in my bedroom. I had planned on gettting external speakers (which you would connect up to the 'back headphone jack')...yes it is an audio output as well... on this TV!
BUT the sound is GREAT too, so now I don't need to buy any other speakers for it...I am thrilled!!!
C: I only pay $7.95 for my computer netflix service and I am now watching any of Netflix's movies on my computer, Netflix on my living room TV thru my Wii gaming system, and also on this new Viore Internet TV... I AM THRILLED TOTALLY!!!
D. Excellent quality and excellent bright colors for the low price that I paid!!!Plus Netflix movies too!
E: The 32" size if perfect for a my bedroom and I was also surprised that once you install the bottom stand, the TV actually SWIVELS!!! That is really nice.
F: This TV DOES have 4 holes on the back that are for a WALL mounting brace (which is NOT included) but you can get one on ebay for cheap or maybe thru wallmart...I don't know because I am happy with the stand that comes with the TV.
I am a VERY HAPPY person with this TV...a great decision...you just need patience and READ the instructions carefully and keep on until you get it connected. EVERYTHING works GREAT on this TV. (Note: I think a good high speed internet connection in your house is very helpful too. You should check with your computer internet service company and see if you can upgrade to a decent service that will nicely steam 'Netflix' movies. Because if your computer internet service is of low strength it may be harder to connect your TV to it...either wireless or wired.)
It got here in less than 3 days after I ordered it online from wallmart. Delivered by Fedex...
and the Fedex man even wanted to carry the box into the house for me...but I was able to do it myself and I am only 5' 1" and 135 lbs. It was packed very well and ALL of the parts were there as well.
BASIC TV CHANNEL SETUP: (see TV instruction booklet)
1. The large folded poster quick setup guide actually showed a different back of TV and stand, BUT included was a smaller card with the correct set up for the stand. Plus there were two different booklets with lots of information...one for the TV and remote info...and one for the internet connection info.
2. IF you will follow the instructions EXACTLY, you will NOT have any problems. You just have to READ and then pay attention to what you are doing!
3. Once everything is connected up to the TV, then there will be a 'channel scan' that will take a few minutes, which will search for your home TV satellite or cable service then the TV automatically sets itself to that service. (This does not set the internet service for Netflix or Hulu yet.) Then all you have to do is use the cable remote to view any channel you want to by using the remote 'guide,' or just by typing in whatever channel number you want on the remote.
INTERNET TV SETUP: (See Internet Connection booklet)
(Note: if using wireless, be sure to connect the tiny black 'wifi dongle' that is included in the
TV parts. It looks like a computer 'flash drive' ...I do have to say it was a little tricky at first because I didn't think it would go into the slot...so I playing around with it quite a while and then I just pushed it really hard and it actually went into the slot and surprised me. Make sure you match the dongle correctly to the wifi slot on the TV. It does go in and it does work.
1. Follow the booklet instructions for either (1) wired or (2) wireless if you have it in your house for your computer. I already had wireless service (and wired if I want) through my mediacomtoday.com service...I highly recommend them because it is stable underground cable TV and they offer a very HIGH speed internet connection. I got my service bundled land phone, TV, and Internet all for $119 per month and that gives me 15mbs of internet speed which is excellent for watching (streaming) Netflix to this TV...just saying...
2. You must get into the 'network settings' screen and set your TV to either 'wired' OR 'wireless'... My 1st attempt at wireless worked for me. (but I was prepared to use an eathernet cable and connect it to my combo router if need be)
3. Chose the 'easy' setup choice for your internet setup...and the TV will automatically pick up
your internet connection settings in your house. You will see your account name on the screen
and then you will have to input your password (the same one used to set up your computer service). For 'numbers' in your password you have to use the TV remote numbers and for letters
you have to use the TV screen letters that appear on the screen. You click on the 'caps' button to change the alphabet from lower case to caps. When you have finished inputting your password on the screen, you must push the tiny 'blue' button that is on the remote. It took me awhile to figure out how to get the TV to accept my password, but that is how you do it...the tiny blue button on the remote. Then the TV will automatically process your password.
4. A screen comes up (for netflix members, which I was already) and it gave me a CODE (write it down) and told me to go to the netflix website (on my computer) and enter the code to ACTIVATE my device (my new TV). Make sure you are already signed in before you enter the code, otherwise it won't accept the code!!! Once netflix activates your new TV device, you go back to your TV and it should be loading... (NOTE: mine loaded a LONG time...so long in fact...that I finally hit the 'exit' button on the TV and was taken back to regular TV programming.
So then I clicked on the 'Netflix' button on my remote, and immediately Netflix popped up and I could start selecting and watching movies. Because I have a very good high speed wifi connection in my home for my computer, my Netflix movies are great quality and there is no buffering interruption. It does take maybe 10 to 15 seconds for a movie to buffer when first clicked on 'play'...after that it is great!
THINGS TO NOTE:
1.There is a delay when you turn the TV on or off on the remote...don't know if it is the TV or the remote...but you have to wait quite a few seconds for it to register...so don't keep pushing the power button or you will freeze the process and have to unplug it from the wall (or switch off the master switch on the back of the TV...a rocker button far left) and then replug or turn the master switch back on again)...and if you do that, then you will have to 're-enter' your internet connection password all over again) So if you wait long enough, the TV will turn off. Mine turned off, but the green button stayed on so I kept pushing the power button...not a good idea...you just have to wait till it turns red. IF you end up having to do this, you won't need to re-activate the TV thru Netflix though so that is a plus.
2. MAIN NETLIX BUTTONS ON THE REMOTE TO USE: To turn on your Netflix service (the next time you want to use it) you will need to FIRST use the 'NETWORK' button (right under the Vudo button on the remote) and it brings up a screen with the different services...then you click on the 'red NETLIX ' button on the remote and you should have your service. If you are watching a movie and don't like it, just hit the 'HOME' button in the middle (with the little house on it) on your remote and it will take you back to your Netflix movie selection screen. If you want to return back to regular TV viewing, click on the 'RETURN' button (right under the red Netflix button) on your remote. So you will just have to experiment with these main remote internet buttons till you get the hang of it.
Well, that is as far as I have gotten and I am still learning the buttons on the remote, etc.
I really think this is and EXCELLENT TV for the price!!! Unbeatable really!!!
Off I go to watch a Netflix in the bedroom. (By the way, My expensive living room Samsung TV can only receive Netflix movies through my Wii gaming system!!! which is really much harder using the Wii controller to choose the Netflix movies so I wish I had a larger Viore Internet TV in my living room too! Hope you like your new TV too! HUGS, Lyn
Was this review helpful?
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.