Well, it does play DVDs and it does stream from Netflix. But...
* You can't stream a video while a DVD is in the tray. The streaming is really jerky.
* I was never able to get used to the design of the remote. The button you use most often (Enter), is the center of a single flat up-down-left-right-enter control where the center (enter) is not even raised up. You can't use this control without looking at it. If you try to go by touch, you'll end up hitting the wrong part of the control and do bad things to your streaming (see next item)
* Fwd and Rev controls produce unpredictable results. Sometimes you have to hit them twice to get any response, and then you wait, and wait, and wait... to regain control at some seemingly arbitrary location in the DVD.
* The remote has to be pointed directly at the player
* It takes a long time to start a DVD
* It takes a long time to power up
* It even takes a long time to open the tray.
After 80 days of frustration, I gave up, returned it, cancelled my Netflix streaming account and went back to my old, fast, reliable, easy-to-use, inexpensive Sony Blue-Ray player.
Was this review helpful? (0) (0)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.