I purchased a Graco playpen for my dogs, as I am a small dog breeder and needed a safe place for my mama dogs to have their puppies. I also ordered this Cosco playpen as well. Both were the same price, but I loved the look of the Cosco design better.
Upon getting both playpens I noticed a couple of things right off the bat.
1. The Graco playpen and the Cosco playpen are the same basic construction.
2. The Graco Playpen is slightly taller and wider than the Cosco playpen.
3. The Graco playpen is a tad deeper than the Cosco playpen
4. The Padding on the Graco playpen is moderate and all one panel, while the Cosco padding is slightly thicker, and in 5 rectangular sections, it's subtle but you can feel a difference.
5. The netting on the Graco playpen is larger in width and height, while the Cosco netting is more contained and not as "open". Both are still very open to see out, but the Graco has "more" netting per side.
6. The Graco playpen sits lower to the ground than the Cosco #by mere inches but over-all the differences in measurements are very noticeable when side-by-side#. i have no preference between the two however. Both serve their purpose well, and are great for pups, small adult dogs needing some confinment in a safe place, instead of using a crate, or for children as well.
I will say that the Cosco playpen is much more attractive looking. It's fabric print is darling, and i do like the extra seamwork around the netting #the blue piping#. it's easy to set up #less than 2 mins# easy to break down #less than 2 mins# and packs away nice and neatly in a carry bag. great for visits to grandma's house, babysitters, hotels, or even RVs! Obviously i use these for dogs/puppies so i will recommend them for that use. it's much more cost effective than to buy a "puppy play yard" for over $100 and of the same quality if not less. I like that one side has wheels, that makes it so easy to push across the floor to where ever you want it without having to cart it all over the place #like my old play pens!# banging my shins on the sides as i moved it. I do wish it had a side snap on baggie space to hold things, like pet toys and such #or if used for kiddos- pacis, teethers, toys etc#. this is the one thing it lacked that the Graco has.
the Graco carry bag is better too. it's a zipper cover with handles. the Cosco bag is a draw string....and even that had no stopper clip on the end to draw up the bag, you have to just tie a bow and hope it stays together. it certainly could use slight improvements, but for the price, it's GREAT!
Was this review helpful? (5) (1)
Thank you! You have successfully submitted feedback for this review.